Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#49846 by Trekster
Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:53 am
What is the latest Telo firmware version? Also, on a power up cycle, will the Telo always load the latest version if it isn't already installed.
#49858 by murphy
Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:40 am
Trekster wrote:What is the latest Telo firmware version? Also, on a power up cycle, will the Telo always load the latest version if it isn't already installed.

The latest firmware is loaded when the Ooma server decides to push it to your Telo.
They control when it happens because there is no way they could push new firmware to every Telo at the same time.
Nothing that you can do will change that process.
#49859 by Trekster
Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:15 am
murphy wrote:
Trekster wrote:What is the latest Telo firmware version? Also, on a power up cycle, will the Telo always load the latest version if it isn't already installed.

The latest firmware is loaded when the Ooma server decides to push it to your Telo.
They control when it happens because there is no way they could push new firmware to every Telo at the same time.
Nothing that you can do will change that process.


Don't think I indicated that I wanted to change the process... :?

Do you know what the latest version of firmware is?
#49864 by timesink
Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:09 am
@Trekster, 32829 is the latest... you can find the release notes for this and previous firmware in the "Ooma Status & Updates" forum.
#49872 by Trekster
Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:36 am
timesink wrote:@Trekster, 32829 is the latest... you can find the release notes for this and previous firmware in the "Ooma Status & Updates" forum.


That's very interesting. I do see where it says 32829 is the latest firmware version, in the Status forum.

The reason I asked is because the firmware version I am showing when interrogating my Telo device on 172.27.35.1 is 33190. Wonder when the 33190 was released and what it involved?
#49880 by southsound
Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:13 am
Trekster,

The answer was given by Dennis P in a previous post. This time around, based on your firmware version, you fall into the Pilot Users group. Here is that statement:
Dennis P in Other Support Topics wrote:It is standard operating practice for us to roll out a new version of code to a portion of our customers first before we roll it out to everyone. Here is the normal progression of how new code gets deployed:

- Internal quality assurance team
- Employees
- External beta users
- Pilot users
- All users

33190 is currently in pilot deployment. We are in the process of trying to determine whether or not to roll it out to all users. In particular, there is one issue that was first identified by beta users and we need to know if it is a new or existing issue before making a decision to expand the distribution.
#49895 by Trekster
Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:03 pm
southsound wrote:Trekster,

The answer was given by Dennis P in a previous post. This time around, based on your firmware version, you fall into the Pilot Users group. Here is that statement:
Dennis P in Other Support Topics wrote:It is standard operating practice for us to roll out a new version of code to a portion of our customers first before we roll it out to everyone. Here is the normal progression of how new code gets deployed:

- Internal quality assurance team
- Employees
- External beta users
- Pilot users
- All users

33190 is currently in pilot deployment. We are in the process of trying to determine whether or not to roll it out to all users. In particular, there is one issue that was first identified by beta users and we need to know if it is a new or existing issue before making a decision to expand the distribution.


Thanks for the info; I had not seen the other posting by Dennis P. I wonder if this new firmware version, installed in my Telo, has anything to do with the fact that I have never been able to get the Factory Reset procedure to complete as described in my other "related" postings?

As a retired Senior Engineering Associate, I am very familiar with beta releases of software. Though it might have been nice to know ahead of time, I am in a group of "Pilot Users"; so I might better be able to give accurate and timely feedback, and be cognizant of what nuances I might be looking to identify. ;)
#50319 by richalger
Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:55 am
I was wondering if RSS was enabled on this forum. I would like to monitor when a new release is made to pilot users or all users. If I was able to RSS a search result or be able to RSS the Ooma Status and Update page (http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10 ) This (http://kb.siteground.com/article/How_to_enable_RSS_in_phpBB.html) says that phpBB can do RSS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests