Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#49797 by Markrw58
Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:57 am
I am trying to setup my Brinks system to work with Ooma and as expected it failed when I connected it directly to Telos without any other changes, my question is should there be a log of the attempt in Ooma, there was not one, or is that normal and does anyone have the instructions to make the changes in my alarm system without calling Brinks/Broadview?

Mark
#49825 by murphy
Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:55 pm
Did you connect the ooma phone port to the same place that you disconnected your land line from. With an alarm system in the picture, you can't just connect the ooma to the closest wall socket.
#49974 by Markrw58
Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:18 am
Here's an update on my situation. I have everything working, I did not have to add a prefix to the number I just ran a phone line directly from the alarm to the Ooma phone jack. I have tested it four times an it has been sucessful everytime.
#50811 by missouri03l
Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:06 am
Markrw58 wrote:Here's an update on my situation. I have everything working, I did not have to add a prefix to the number I just ran a phone line directly from the alarm to the Ooma phone jack. I have tested it four times an it has been sucessful everytime.

No luck for me, I tried doing that and it would dial out but not sync up with Brinks. Get the "CH" error on the panel still...
#50837 by joeed2
Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:03 pm
Could someone actually take a picture of the wire hookup in the panel? Or what colors go where?

I have an RJ-31 jack on my alarm. I have no landline service. Could you get more specific to the statement "I just ran a phone line directly from the alarm to the Ooma phone jack"?

I can figure out the part about plugging one end of the RJ-11 into Ooma, but the other end to the alarm is where I'm not following. What color wires (or pinouts) on the RJ-11 go to what connections on the alarm (ring,tip, etc.)?

All I need right now is dial tone to the alarm. I really don't care about seizing the line or anything like that. Just raw dial tone and I am happy.
#50853 by southsound
Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:20 pm
This picture may help (of course, when it says Telco DEMARC for us it means PHONE jack on ooma system):

The dotted red and green wires represent where the wires would go without the alarm installed.