On one call I made, the number called never rang, at least that I could hear in my phone. Then, after several seconds, the party I called picked up the phone. Obviously, their phone rang.
I called Tech Sup about this issue and they suggested I do the Factory Reset procedure. I have tried to do the Factory Reset procedure no less than 4 maybe 6 times, and IT NEVER COMPLETES!
Here are the steps I am doing:
1. Power off the Telo unit, wait around 15 seconds, then power it back on,
2. When the logo starts flashing RED, press and hold 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys at the same time,
3. The logo should then flash alternatively BLUE and RED,
4. Release the 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys when the logo turns solid BLUE (not RED as it used to be), then it takes around 30 more seconds before it goes to step 5 (the play button light goes amber, the logo light goes off, ...) - be patient - DO NOT unplug the power otherwise the factory reset is not effective !!
5. The unit is factory reset and restarts by itself -- this is shown by the fact that line 1 and line 2 buttons turn blue, then next row (trash and envelope buttons) turns blue, then runway lighting on bottom row ....."
During step 4, the solid BLUE logo light goes out after a few seconds, and from that point on... lasting 10 or more minutes ALL the LIGHTS are OUT, and never come back on.
Finally, I merely power down the unit, plug it back in and without pressing any buttons, just let it come up by itself.
I called Tech Sup about the Factory Reset NEVER finishing, and they gave me a "nothing" answer.
Has anyone else had this experience, and does anyone know exactly how long the unit should sit there with all the lights off?
I'm not sure if I should wait hours or days or what. Tech Sup told me it should finish and come back on in a minute or two, but I've never seen that happen.
Any help and/or comments would be appreciated. Tnx.
Actually, it is only ONE number that I call that I do not hear it ring. I've called other numbers both inside and outside my area code, and they all produce a ring that I can hear. The one that I call that does not produce a ringing sound for me happens to be outside the AC of the number I am currently assigned, but soon I hope to get another number that will be in my AC.ntoy wrote:Hello,
Sounds like the call connects, but you do not hear any ringback.
Do you experience this issue only on local area code numbers?
What happens if you call a long distance number(outside your area code) - like a grocery store or pizza place?
To be honest, I'm more concerned with the fact that I can't get the Factory Reset procedure to finish. I just tried it again, and after 30 min of waiting, I gave up, cycled the power (without the Reset procedure) and then my Telo comes up and works.
Of course that one number still gives me trouble...