Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#49392 by 2402521217
Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:45 am
I just installed my Ooma Telo yesterday with solution 2B as recommended. I plugged a wired single phone to the phone jack on the Telo. There was a little static noise but the outbound calls were made through.
However, there are NO incoming calls can be made. All of them get the busy tone. :o

Please help.
#49467 by ntoy
Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:22 pm
Hello,

This number was ported by another customer to Ooma & unfortunately, we were not notified that it had been ported away.
Please contact one of our support reps to have them change you to another number.
#49727 by ntoy
Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:43 am
Hello,

Thanks for your understanding. Any of our support folks should be able to change your number for you.
If you still have trouble, you can send me a personal email.
#49786 by 2402521217
Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:15 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your understanding. Any of our support folks should be able to change your number for you.
If you still have trouble, you can send me a personal email.

Problem solved. Hurraaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Thanks for your help and an Ooma Rep gave me another number and everything works. I got the Premier Service right away and axiously wait for the Telo hand set.
Now, how can I change my username here ? I don't want to reveal my number (though it helped to solve the problem, :P ...)
#49790 by murphy
Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:25 am
You will have to contact CS to have your user name changed.
#50040 by sbeamond
Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:58 pm
I have had my ooma for a while but waited until my phone number was ported before setting it up. The port was completed today so I went ahead and set up my ooma with option 2A. I can receive calls just fine to my regular phone number, but cannot for the life of me dial out to a cell phone. I get an instant busy tone. I have tried dialing a couple of different cell numbers with the same problem. Any ideas? This is frustrating.
#50065 by Groundhound
Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:10 am
6514626189 wrote:I have had my ooma for a while but waited until my phone number was ported before setting it up. The port was completed today so I went ahead and set up my ooma with option 2A. I can receive calls just fine to my regular phone number, but cannot for the life of me dial out to a cell phone. I get an instant busy tone. I have tried dialing a couple of different cell numbers with the same problem. Any ideas? This is frustrating.

Can you dial out to any phone, or is the problem just when you call a cell phone?
#50067 by sbeamond
Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:16 am
thx, got it all fixed now. I realized that the "auto 10 digit dialing" was not enabled on my account. It said it was supposed to be set as default but it wasnt. The reason for the busy signal was that i wasnt dialing the 1 first. simple fix, i wish i'd known could have saved a lot of time.