Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#49222 by wildbill
Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 pm
Hello Everyone --

Im a new customer and just started my acct on Feb 27th 2010.

I noticed a $10 debt and then a credit on my bank acct.. I figure that was just to check to see if my back acct is active but now after about 3 days later I see a $10 debt on my bank acct (no credit) its still pending tho.. Im still in my first 60 days.

At first I opt out of the Ooma Premier plan but a couple of days later I decided to opt back in.. why would I get charged $10 when I have only had the Telo for 3 days?.. Do I need to call customer support?.. I read that they charge you $19.99 for a support call. Does this mean if I call about a billing issue I will have to pay the 19.99 support fee??..

Thanks for any suggestions.

--Bill
#49224 by southsound
Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:45 pm
First off, welcome to ooma and to the forums! And rest assured that ooma is not going to nickle and dime you like the other telco providers. They do a test to make sure your account is active and that requires a temporary hold on the $10. It is not a real charge and although your bank may place the amount against your account, it will not materialize as a real charge. Also, I think there may be some confusion about the charge for support. I believe this is only after the first 60 days and would never be assessed regarding a billing issue. I don't work for ooma but I've been a happy customer for over a year now and that is just not how they operate. Give your bank a couple of days to settle things out and I'm sure the charge will be gone. I don't use debit cards because I prefer to use somebody elses money instead of my own - but I've heard that these temporary holds can look much worse than they really are.

Bottom line, relax, enjoy your new phone service, and feel free to check back on the forum whenever you have a question or want to help another new user.
#49282 by wildbill
Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:26 am
southsound --

Thanks for your feed back.. I checked again today and the debt is still there.. what I don't understand is at first it showed a credit with the $10 debt but now the credit is gone but the debt stands pending.. I called a copule of toll free 866 / 800 numbers but thats it other then US calls. I hope I didn't rack up any fees for calling toll free numbers. hmm.. I will give ya an update as sson as I see a change on my bank acct.

Thanks for your help..

--Bill
#49301 by wildbill
Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:18 pm
Oh ok thanks, ntoy, southsound and hpepper for checking my acct and all the feedback from everyone..

Very nice community OOMA has here.. look forward to doing business with ooma. :D

Im fixen to do a drop kick on the magicJack out the backdoor.. :arrow:

--Bill
#49333 by allo
Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:52 pm
wildbill wrote:southsound --

Thanks for your feed back.. I checked again today and the debt is still there.. what I don't understand is at first it showed a credit with the $10 debt but now the credit is gone but the debt stands pending.. I called a copule of toll free 866 / 800 numbers but thats it other then US calls. I hope I didn't rack up any fees for calling toll free numbers. hmm.. I will give ya an update as sson as I see a change on my bank acct.

Thanks for your help..

--Bill

All the delay is usually due to the credit card banking system " rip off scheme" ... they hold on posting any credit due back to the card owner, until they are satisfied they are not going to lose any money... and probably also to make some profit in interest in the meantime!
You may notice how quick they post any charge... but not a credit!...like leeches once they grab, they don't let go easily...