Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#48418 by hooyahdiver
Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:36 pm
We were having a problem in which the calls we placed showed OOMA INC. instead of our names on the caller ID of the people who we were calling. I personally don't care but it was driving my wife crazy. I reset it and now it shows us as "PRIVATE" when we call others and they sometimes don't answer the phone because they think we're telemarketers. Now my wife is livid. It took some convincing to get here onboard with Ooma and this is not helping my case. The fact that it shows up "private" may be coincidental to the reset and it may only be with a few people. I don't know. I cruised through the forum and didn't find another problem like this. Any help would be nice.
#48420 by murphy
Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:45 pm
Did you click the button in your my.ooma account to not send caller ID?
#49890 by wildbill
Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:29 am
I also have this problem too but it only shows that my name is blocked. Phone number displays the correct number. I read that for new customers CID might take a while to start working right. BTW Im using telo and just started servive Feb 27th. 2010.

--Bill
#49900 by murphy
Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:03 pm
wildbill wrote:I also have this problem too but it only shows that my name is blocked. Phone number displays the correct number. I read that for new customers CID might take a while to start working right. BTW Im using telo and just started servive Feb 27th. 2010.

--Bill

The general statement is up to 10 business days for CID name to propagate to the various phone companies.
#49922 by tommies
Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:32 pm
My number ported last yeare (Mar 09), and outgoing CID still only shows my number, the name is missing; it's vary from 'Unknown caller'(on my att cell) to 'Ooma Inc,'(Verizon landline)