Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#48163 by amoney
Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:15 pm
gabs14 wrote:Hi Amoney,

See my resposne below:

Amazon is great but its past the return date, Ooma would have to handle that.
>> Thanks.

Back tracking here...

Have you tried to use another phone, perhaps corded directly attached to the Ooma box.
>> Yes. Same issue.
Have you tried to factory reset your modem/router (after it restarts you may have to reenter your DSL account info such as primary email account and password).
>> Yes. Same issue.
Or you can take the Ooma box to a friend/neighbor house and test.
>> Yes. Same issue.

Well you certainly removed you network out of the equation, its on ooma's hands now, either its a back end configuration or the box has gone bad and needs to be replaced.

Of coarse this is my best guess, but your definietly going to have to push Ooma to do something.

Wish I could suggest something else for you, best of luck. Keep calling Ooma daily.
#48208 by gabs14
Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:19 pm
murphy wrote:Most DSL accounts have a user ID and a password. That data can be supplied by the modem, by ooma, by the router, or by a computer. The best place for them is in the DSL modem.

Connect a computer to the Home port of the hub and then go to http://setup.ooma.com

On the network page you will find the answers to my questions.
While you are there change Network Connection from automatic to DHCP.

Click the radio button for Use Built in MAC and then click update.

Power cycle your DSL modem.

Hi Murphy,

I changed the network set-up to DHCP and built in MAC but still we have the same problem. Let me know if there are other things we need to check or this should be return to ooma for replacement. Please advise.
#48222 by murphy
Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:01 am
Does your DSL modem have a built-in firewall?
I've never used DSL but I have seen several references on the forum lately about firewalls in modems causing problems.
#48311 by gabs14
Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:54 pm
murphy wrote:Does your DSL modem have a built-in firewall?
I've never used DSL but I have seen several references on the forum lately about firewalls in modems causing problems.

Yes there is firewall in the modem and already tried all the recommendation stated on some forum with regards on the firewall set-up and still problem exists.
#53446 by cpmkmk
Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:49 pm
I have the very same issue – only one way transmission outgoing ability on my end ONLY when I call out. The caller cannot hear me at all. However if anyone calls me it works as advertized –however only if they call me. I have spent almost half of my day trying to resolve this out calling issue. I have read others problems with this same issue. I also read “easy 15 minute setup” in their manual! What a joke. I burned up almost 60 minutes on my cell phone minutes trying to get this resolved. It seems as if they are clueless. I get the same old “well try this –or that” directions. After trying it all I still get the same results –no dice! I got my ticket # now I have to be available for 48 hours to resolve this “IF” they ever call back. Please let me know if anyone else solves it! I have a cable modem –not DSL. :cry:
#53485 by Groundhound
Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:19 am
8653812179 wrote:I have the very same issue – only one way transmission outgoing ability on my end ONLY when I call out. The caller cannot hear me at all. However if anyone calls me it works as advertized –however only if they call me. I have spent almost half of my day trying to resolve this out calling issue. I have read others problems with this same issue. I also read “easy 15 minute setup” in their manual! What a joke. I burned up almost 60 minutes on my cell phone minutes trying to get this resolved. It seems as if they are clueless. I get the same old “well try this –or that” directions. After trying it all I still get the same results –no dice! I got my ticket # now I have to be available for 48 hours to resolve this “IF” they ever call back. Please let me know if anyone else solves it! I have a cable modem –not DSL. :cry:

Actually, your issue sounds different than the problem described in the OP. There are many users here who are willing to help, but some additional information is needed. For starters:
What kind of Ooma device do you have (Hub or Telo)?
How is your Ooma device connected relative to your router & modem?
What model router and modem do you have?
What service level (speed tier) do you have from your cable co?
Did you integrate your landline or did you receive an Ooma number?