Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#47935 by Cozyone
Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:42 pm
I'm sure this issue is reflected somewhere on the boards, but I cannot find it.

In December I configured my Hub with a new number from Ooma. I wanted to be sure the system would work well before committing my home number to a port. Now after finally resolving DSL issues that interfered with quality, I am ready to port my home number. I also want to keep my Ooma number so that we have two separate phone lines. I will be purchasing the Premiere service. The Ooma instructions regarding number porting all seem to refer to the process when configuring Ooma for the first time with nothing about how to do a port after initial configuration. I cannot figure out what to do to port my home number AND keep my Ooma number.
#47937 by amoney
Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:54 pm
Because you want to have a second number, your current ooma number, just call support to check about the process.

If you login to your my.ooma.com, goto add ons>number port select number port with one year premier (free port), it will step you through the online letter of authorization LOA, you will get a email to confirm and instructions if you need to fax anything in. When I did all of this, my ooma number went away however I did not specifically request to keep it as a secondary number. But from what others said if there is any mix up customer service can restore the ooma number as long as you followup within 30 days (actually I think it was 60 days but sooner the better).
#50349 by Cozyone
Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:38 pm
I did make a phone request to keep my Ooma number after completing the port agreement online. Yesterday my number was ported on the exact date it was scheduled. The Ooma number didn't remain and I called Support this morning to get that re-instated. Also, when I requested the port it was via sign-up for the Premire Service and that didn't go through either. So I got that done today via phone as well. All-in-all, things have progressed well with a few extra phone calls.