Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#47730 by SDGeek
Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:42 pm
Anyone else notice a new firmware for the Telo Base? My device was going straight to voicemail today. Line 2 on the base was flashing as if it was in use. I couldn't find a handset that was off hook. A power cycle of the Telo fixed the problem. I wonder if it had received a new firmware update the night before.
#47741 by mthomtech
Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:26 am
It probably was an update. I've had a similar case recently, but a reboot worked. Typically the updates won't cause an issue ... I've had several over the last year.
#47999 by hurl03
Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:09 am
SDGeek wrote:Anyone else notice a new firmware for the Telo Base? My device was going straight to voicemail today. Line 2 on the base was flashing as if it was in use. I couldn't find a handset that was off hook. A power cycle of the Telo fixed the problem. I wonder if it had received a new firmware update the night before.

My handsets are now running 34010 - I know it's a long shot, but anyone have some official info on changes?
#48030 by fastlane01
Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:30 pm
I would love to know if anyone is seeing better handset behavior - especially battery charging - I am ready to do a switcheroo with two more if this new firmware isn't helpful in that regard. Best Buy's return rate must be getting pretty high.
#48031 by hurl03
Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:40 pm
fastlane01 wrote:I would love to know if anyone is seeing better handset behavior - especially battery charging - I am ready to do a switcheroo with two more if this new firmware isn't helpful in that regard. Best Buy's return rate must be getting pretty high.

i now have one handset that just starts searching for no reason. i can also confirm that none of the new features that are on ooma printed materials works on this build. getting a bit old, so i am not expecting much anymore. i guess that's the problem with this type of model - no incentive to innovate, catch them with the initial hardware costs and drag your feet on everything else while enjoying the ride to the bottom.

Here is what made me laugh the most...

I send a support email on the 28th of January.
Get a response on the 16th of February
Containing the following instructions - note the bold item...

Dear Michael,

Kindly unplug the battery of the Telo Handset that has the problem.
Replug the battery back in after 30 seconds.

Try to perform a factory reset of the device.
Kindly turn off the the handset.
Press and hold the left softkey located at the upper right of the device and "0" at the same time.
Power on the device.
Hold the buttons, left softkey and "0" for 30 seconds while powering on and let go.

The handset is now reset to the factory default.

If that doesn't work, kinidly swap the handset to the store you purchased it from.

Kindly call us or email us so we can send you a replacement if it is beyond the store warranty.

Thank you for contacting ooma Customer Support.

Rolly Villar
Support: 888.711.6662
Hours of Operation: Mon - Fri 8AM - 6PM pst, Sat - Sun 8AM - 5PM pst
www.ooma.com
Thank you for using ooma!
#48094 by murphy
Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:20 am
mthomtech wrote:Not sure I get the joke about the reset procedures ...

There is no joke. It has a typo. The left soft key is not located on the upper right side of the device.
#48128 by mthomtech
Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:02 am
OK ... that's funny ... especially since I didn't catch it!