Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#47159 by pnjfksx
Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:43 am
Here is a working Port Forwarding configuration that I am using with Windows Home Server, a Hawking HWRN1A router, and an Ooma hub.

The Ooma VOIP device (Hub) is between my cable modem and my router. The Ooma device's IP address is 172.27.35.1 and it's DHCP is set to serve up one address, 172.27.35.89, with this same IP in the Ooma DMZ. In addition, I have set Ooma to forward ports 80, 443, and 4125 to this address, per WHS instructions.

The Hawking router shows its IP address as 172.27.35.89, with a default gateway of 172.27.35.1. In the Applications and Gaming section of this router there is a Virtual Server section, where I have my server (IP address 192.168.2.7) set up with private and public ports matching that above. This IP address (192.168.2.7) is also set up as a static IP address in the LAN settings.

No other settings (such Port Forwarding or Special Apps) are set.

I am able to access the server over the internet via my smartphone (not wi-fi).

Please feel free to add your successful setups to this post so others can reference them.
#47195 by highq
Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:25 pm
pnjfksx wrote:The Ooma device's IP address is 172.27.35.1 and it's DHCP is set to serve up one address, 172.27.35.89, with this same IP in the Ooma DMZ. In addition, I have set Ooma to forward ports 80, 443, and 4125 to this address, per WHS instructions.

When you set up an IP address as your DMZ address, *ALL* ports get forwarded to that address.
You can *ALSO* provide exceptions, e.g. set up forwarding for any specific ports to any different IPs if you so desire, but forwarding a port to the DMZ address adds nothing, all incoming port requests are already being routed to the DMZ address. IOW, just think of the use of a DMZ as "forward all ports (if not otherwise forwarded)" to that DMZ.
#80788 by dxt55
Thu May 05, 2011 2:32 pm
pnjfksx wrote:There were comments elsewhere on this board that DMZ was not working, so I took the extra step, just in case.

With the current Ooma hub revision 44468, does anyone know if DMZ is working now? Or do you still need to selectively port-forward?