Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#47004 by OldMacGuy
Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:17 pm
I have two phone numbers I want to port.
If I become a premier member, is there any charge to port one of the numbers.

Also, if i request porting of two numbers, am I assigned a phone number to use with Ooma telo until the porting is completed.

Thanks.
#47006 by southsound
Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:32 pm
OldMacGuy wrote:I have two phone numbers I want to port.
If I become a premier member, is there any charge to port one of the numbers.
Porting one number is free with a paid annual subscription to Premier

Also, if i request porting of two numbers, am I assigned a phone number to use with Ooma telo until the porting is completed.
Yes, unless you choose to integrate your landline (bad idea, IMHO). Have them give you a new number so you can be sure you are happy with the service while your number is being ported.

Thanks.

Even more important than the above, Welcome to ooma and to the forums! We think you are going to like it here! :cool:
#47050 by OldMacGuy
Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:30 am
I have been assigned a new number by Ooma and am trying out the Omma Telo I purchased from Costco. It came with 6 months of free Premier service. Not sure if I should get a second phone number while in the trial period. I know that I can port my current number without charge when I sign up for Premier, but not sure if I can get new second phone number now and then later replace it by porting current land line without charge.
#47103 by ggilman
Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:50 pm
I ported 2 numbers myself a little while back. You get the first # ported for free when you register for Premier but the second line will cost you for porting.

If you get an ooma provided number now and go the Premier route, they will move the port your phone # into the primarly slot and move the ooma provided number into your secondary phone # slot since Premier provides a "free" second number. If you also grabbed a secondary number prior to the port, it will disappear after the port.

Assuming both phone #s are currently with the same provider, you cannot port them both at the same time. As soon as you port the primary number on that account, it terminates your original account. The secondary number will be lost. Therefore, the secondary number on that account must be ported first. Since ooma cannot guarantee the order of the ports if you submit them both at the same time, you need to submit your secondary line for porting, wait until it is complete, then submit your secondary number for porting. Otherwise, you run at risk of loosing a phone # in the process.

If the 2 #s being ported are with different carriers, the above paragraph doesn't apply.