Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#46563 by franklasvegas
Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:50 pm
I have gotten 8 calls in the past hour - 7 local - 1 out of state claiming to be looking for a Doctor's office or saying they had my number as a missed call on their phone - I have made ZERO calls this morning!

Thoughts? :?:
#46581 by murphy
Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:25 pm
Check your call log.
#46591 by franklasvegas
Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:19 pm
I did. The inbound calls are there - no outbound to those numbers (as I did not call them). Last one I asked the number they were calling and he he did not know as he redialed from his caller log. But again looking for a doctors office.

All show as line 1 in the call log.

On with support again - she took all the numbers and is now checking on something or with someone.

Before I finished typing - I ported from Vonage on October - she said it sounds like Vonage may have given my number to someone else?

Too Weird.... :x
#46604 by franklasvegas
Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:04 pm
I called Vonage.

My number was ported to OOMA 09/17/09 and now Vonage gave it to someone else VERY RECENTLY (a doctor it appears so lot's of wrong calls).

Vonage says they will escalate it and I should hear in 48 hours.

Aarrgghh.....
#46618 by ntoy
Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:55 pm
Hello Frank,

Thanks for the information. I had also opened a ticket with our carrier, but can close it out
since Vonage admitted they were at fault.
#46671 by franklasvegas
Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:53 pm
Thanks NTOY.

They admitted they gave my previously ported number to someone else - claimed it would be "escalated" and I "should" hear something in 48 hours.

I hope they get it figured out ASAP.