Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#48098 by murphy
Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:31 am
idahofalls wrote:I just hooked up my ooma telo tonight. Waiting to port in my no., so i am keeping my lan line for awhile.
one phone is still hooked up solely to the old service, and my other phones are hooked up to ooma.
When the phone rings, the ooma phones do not ring, and do not pick up the call!!!! frustrated!!

Did you choose to integrate your land line?
If you did, you must connect the land line to the wall jack of the Telo.
Your phones get connected to the phone jack of the Telo.
If you did not integrate your land line, you got a new temporary phone number. The Telo will only ring when the new number is called. In this case the Telo wall jack is unused. Your phone(s) still connect to the phone jack of the Telo.
#48388 by SCmmaFAN
Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:23 pm
We're not currently getting a ton of calls on the Ooma line but in the past week I've called home twice and someone at home would answer yet neither one of us hears the other side. I call back and the call connects as normal.

My setup is:

DSL Modem>Telo>Router

Also, the Telo is a standalone phone setup and not integrated with a landline, etc.
#49118 by mthomtech
Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:10 pm
Try going to setup.ooma.com (to get you to your Ooma setup page) and go to the Network tab. Make sure the MODEM Port MAC address option is set to "Use Built In"

See if that helps.