Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#46543 by PrivateIdaho
Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:15 pm
So about 25% of the time when someone calls us our Telo does not complete the connection. Example:

Phone rings.
Caller ID shows the caller.
We answer, no one there.
Callers report line goes dead.
Caller calls back.
We answer and everything works.

This happens a lot and there is not relationship to who is calling. Anyone have any ideas?
#46551 by dsinternet
Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:58 pm
Can you tell us a little more about your set up. Is the Telo in front of the router or after the router?
What type of phone is hooked up to the Telo? Is your internet cable or DSL? etc.
#46570 by PrivateIdaho
Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:32 pm
My internet connection is point to point radio 3Mb down/1Mb up/24ms ping/0% packet loss/3ms jitter. Very stable. I work from home. No problem with my internet. I was seeing the same problem with DSL but I had other problems so I thought it was related to that.

internet -> Telo -> router -> all computers.

From the Telo I have the phone ran to my wiring closets to all of the phones in the house. 2 Panasonic KX-TG5422 wireless phones (these are the primary phones). One wired phone in the garage.
#46684 by murphy
Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:00 am
Has the house wiring been disconnected from all external phone wiring at the network interface box on the outside of your house?
#47305 by qchau
Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:24 am
My mother just started to get the same issue as PrivateIdaho and she is using cable internet service and the way I have her ooma core setup is behind a router. It work flawless for the first month of service and now she is telling me of this strange issue which is the same as PrivateIdaho.
#48042 by idahofalls
Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:38 pm
I just hooked up my ooma telo tonight. Waiting to port in my no., so i am keeping my lan line for awhile.
one phone is still hooked up solely to the old service, and my other phones are hooked up to ooma.
When the phone rings, the ooma phones do not ring, and do not pick up the call!!!! frustrated!!