Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#46199 by jdorin
Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 pm
A phone number of a frequent/obtrusive telemarketer I entered today as Blocked (and appears in by Blacklist) isn't blocking the calls. If the number appears in the Blacklist, I didn't expect calls from that number to make it past (where I configured such call to go: to) my VoiceMail.

This caller is one a several salesgrunts representing an Indian generic drug company who call me every day to try to sell me drugs. They have some sort of link to the US, because the caller-ID Ooma provides shows a number which, when reversed looked up, shows it to come from a NYC number.

Is there a certain wait period after blocking the number before Ooma will actually do that, block the call?
#46398 by jdorin
Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:06 pm
OK, I think I've discovered why this feature appeared to be not working. Although I had entered the phone numbers to block in my Blacklist, I hadn't checked the Enable personal blacklist box. Now it's checked.

I suspect this had something to do with it. I'll repost with another update if the feature continues to disappoint. :? <- this is the "boy, do I feel dumb smilie!"
#46433 by southsound
Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:07 pm
jdorin wrote: OK, I think I've discovered why this feature appeared to be not working. Although I had entered the phone numbers to block in my Blacklist, I hadn't checked the Enable personal blacklist box. Now it's checked.

I suspect this had something to do with it. I'll repost with another update if the feature continues to disappoint. :? <- this is the "boy, do I feel dumb smilie!"

Please don't feel like the only one to do something like this. I think we've all had our experience with a similar situation. If you need to feel better, I sould tell you about my "why doesn't my new scanner load when I connect it?" story. When I finally got through to tech support and they asked me what happened when I turned on the power switch, I replied, there is no power switch. After the CS person described where the switch could be found, I replied, "why don't I call you back when I feel less embarrassed." :P

Did I mention, welcome to ooma and to the forums? You're going to like it here. All that's lacking is those huge phone bills we used to get.