Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#45810 by rrgone
Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:07 pm
My Blacklist contains a lot of numbers with the same Caller Name. They are from AICR, and all from area code 202 - but 10 different numbers so far. There is never anyone there if I make it to the phone before they hang up (usually after only 3 rings). They never leave voicemail. So my question is can I block all calls where AICR is the Caller Name displayed?

BTW, I do have the Community Blacklist thing turned on.
#45832 by southsound
Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:40 pm
I like that idea too. Let me suggest a couple to block: Internal Revenue Service, (wildcard) Collections, the list could go on and on.
#45896 by Shutterstuff
Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:52 pm
southsound wrote:I like that idea too. Let me suggest a couple to block: Internal Revenue Service, (wildcard) Collections, the list could go on and on.

My favorite is "800 Service"!

And are you sure you want to block the IRS? The one phone call I got from them a few years back saved me thousands! Audit subpoenas come by registered mail...
#45905 by southsound
Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:58 pm
Shutterstuff wrote:And are you sure you want to block the IRS? The one phone call I got from them a few years back saved me thousands! Audit subpoenas come by registered mail...

Raccoons are not usually happy about paying taxes. And we don't sign for no stinkin' registered mail. We like soft bread, FMV dogfood from Fred Meyer, the skin from baked salmon, and did I mention, soft bread? :P
#45952 by amoney
Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:02 pm
There has been request for use of wild cards, granted your blocking whole swath of telephone numbers that perhaps there are valid numbers but as long as you know the cavets.
#46598 by rrgone
Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:30 pm
Yeah wild cards might be okay but I don't want to block a whole area code or something like that. I would just like to be able to block on the Caller Name AICR. You'd think the community blacklist algorithm would see that name pop up repeatedly and block them regardless of what number they are using. That would be great! :D