Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#44988 by trichert
Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:49 pm
The only way to do DND on the handset is in the menu system ? Why can't you hold the envelope for 2 seconds like you can with the base unit ?
#45000 by ntoy
Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:53 pm
Hello,

Yes, pressing the envelope button on the base will serve the same purpose.
#45001 by trichert
Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:33 pm
Er .. I think you mis understood the question. I was asking WHY it doesnt work the same way on the handset. It is annoying to have to dig through a multi layer menu to turn DND on/off, the base is useless it has to live in the basement in order to have both network and access to my phone lines so the handsets are all i have. I was shocked that holding the voicemail icon on the handset didnt activate DND ..
#45068 by stocks22
Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:44 am
I cannot receive calls on on my 2nd line period. I cannot attach device #3 to the number either. My drop down only allows me to attach it to shared.

I spoke with a moron rep that told me to turn on DND and then turn it off, DUH!!

I have been battling with Ooma since December with multiple items.

One of your reps told me to turn on the "do not disturb" on the telset and turn it back on. A lot of good that did. IT DOES NOT WORK. NO CALLS COME IN. WHAT AM I PAYING FOR???? I CANNOT RECEIVE CALLS ON ONE LINE!!!

I was also informed that the RJ45 jack out to the jack on the wall was not used to feed a dial tone to jacks in the house. No, I was told the dial tone in the house feeds to the OOMA!!!

I want my Premier price given back to me as I cannot use the 2nd phone line if you cannot fix it.

I hate OOMA!!
#45069 by southsound
Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:03 am
stocks22 wrote:I cannot receive calls on on my 2nd line period. I cannot attach device #3 to the number either. My drop down only allows me to attach it to shared.

Sorry about your frustration with the handset and your second line. I am going to assume that you made one of your handsets a personal device and assigned your second number to that device. What that means is that only that device can have direct access to that line since it has been assigned to a personal device. If you want several handsets to use the second number, I believe the way to do it is to make the Telo a personal device and the handsets shared. Then you can assign multiple handsets to the shared number and just the Telo (and its wired port) to the personal number.

I have mine set up with one of my handsets as a personal device so I have not tried this, but others have shared that this is a viable configuration to accomplish what you are desiring to do.

stocks22 wrote: I was also informed that the RJ45 jack out to the jack on the wall was not used to feed a dial tone to jacks in the house. No, I was told the dial tone in the house feeds to the OOMA!!!
I hate OOMA!!

The RJ45 jacks on the Telo are the ones labled To Internet and Home Network. They are used for data only and have nothing to do with voice in or out. I believe what you are speaking about are the RJ11 jacks labled Phone and Wall. These do carry voice. The Wall jack is only used if you chose to integrate your existing landline with ooma. Something I recommendd against. It has NO OTHER PURPOSE. The Phone jack is used to power either one or many phones or cordless base stations. If the wiring in your house is (a) not used for DSL and (b) not carrying a landline signal and (c) disconnected from the telephone company at the Network Interface Box (demarc) outside your house, you can connect this Phone port to the existing jack in your house and feed all the other jacks. If you have DSL or are using a landline, then you need to do this on a clean pair of wires. Usually all modern houses are wired with 3 or 4 twisted pairs of wires. The first is generally the only one used - so it does not mean rewiring the house, only using some two-line splitters or adding some jacks to the second pair of wires. I hope this lessens the confusion and helps make you happy with your ooma choice!
#45071 by Bobby B
Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:46 am
Handset enhancement bug 6217 was re-opened: Add the ability to enable DND by holding down the Envelope button. We're aiming to support this when we support "press and hold" functionality with speed dial.

trichert wrote:The only way to do DND on the handset is in the menu system ? Why can't you hold the envelope for 2 seconds like you can with the base unit ?
#61299 by bw1
Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:45 am
Bobby B wrote:Handset enhancement bug 6217 was re-opened: Add the ability to enable DND by holding down the Envelope button. We're aiming to support this when we support "press and hold" functionality with speed dial.

trichert wrote:The only way to do DND on the handset is in the menu system ? Why can't you hold the envelope for 2 seconds like you can with the base unit ?

I just realized this was working now with speed dial and DND on the handset.