Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#44968 by southshelby
Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:55 pm
Love the Telo. Crystal clear. Each person I have called cannot beleive how clear the call is, they say it is like sitting in the same room.

Questions:
1. Can I change the voice mail greeting?
2. If I 'opt out' of the Premier service now, can I activate at a later time?
3. There are numerous places on the ooma.com website where the many features of the Priemer service are listed. Is there a list of the 'standard' (non-Priemer) features?

Thanks in advance.
Shelby County, Alabama
#44969 by hpepper
Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:07 pm
southshelby wrote:Love the Telo. Crystal clear. Each person I have called cannot beleive how clear the call is, they say it is like sitting in the same room.

Questions:
1. Can I change the voice mail greeting?
2. If I 'opt out' of the Premier service now, can I activate at a later time?
3. There are numerous places on the ooma.com website where the many features of the Priemer service are listed. Is there a list of the 'standard' (non-Priemer) features?

Thanks in advance.
Shelby County, Alabama

1. Yes. The first time you access it you can record your greeting. Also, just listen to all the options. one is to change the greeting
2. Yes - you can activate Premiere any time.
3. Here is a very basic comparison list: https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-telo/compare
...and here: https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-telo/features

And, oh yes... wecome to Ooma and the forums!
#44972 by caseybea
Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:20 pm
to clarify, you cannot "opt out" of the premiere FREE TRIAL-- I tried that, and was told by customer service I had to wait the 60 days for the free trial to expire. Once it expires, you can pay to continue the premiere service, or let it expire. If you have a telo, you will want to make sure to OPT OUT of the premium service a few days before the actual paid service would begin.

Keep checking the status of your account in the my ooma page.
#45002 by wbwjr
Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:54 pm
I want to setup and use the Ooma Telo for voice mail. I have disabled my panasonic answering machine
and I don't have the Ooma handset. What is the best way to record a personal greeting?
#45003 by murphy
Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:59 pm
wbwjr wrote:I want to setup and use the Ooma Telo for voice mail. I have disabled my panasonic answering machine
and I don't have the Ooma handset. What is the best way to record a personal greeting?

Connect a phone to the phone port of the Telo.
Take the phone off hook.
Press the play button on the Telo.
Follow the prompts.
#45025 by wbwjr
Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:48 am
Now for another question - In the call logs at My Ooma, there is a icon for blacklist on the right hand side.
I can click on this and enter the information but the icon never changes to red. I thought this would happen
once the number was saved. Am I missing something? Thanks!