Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#45388 by oldanbo
Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:36 pm
my Telo HS has been off the charger for 24 hrs now and still working. Charge indicator shows 1/3 remaining. I'll leave it off the charger for another 12 hours or so and see what happens.
#45404 by stubeeef
Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:48 am
I am curious if everyone with these problems had the chance to do the first charge according to directions. I was wondering if that mattered. Because of the problems most seemed to have, I made sure we didn't use them for the first 24 hours and I have not had a problem (knock on my wooden head) as of yet. I understand I might get one anytime-but just wanted to mention this.
#45415 by dpierce
Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:45 am
oldanbo wrote:my Telo HS has been off the charger for 24 hrs now and still working. Charge indicator shows 1/3 remaining. I'll leave it off the charger for another 12 hours or so and see what happens.

I’m afraid the title of this thread may be a little misleading as “Telo Handset Battery Not Holding Charge”, as it is not the only problem with my handsets but thank you for testing the longevity of its charge. These handsets were supplied with inferior batteries to even the lowest quality cordless phones available today. I’m sure your testing will show they have the ability to hold a charge for a day or more on a handset and cradle that ‘it working’. My particular issue would be that the handsets are either going dead on their cradles or immediately after picking them up from said cradles.
#45416 by dpierce
Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:03 am
stubeeef wrote:I am curious if everyone with these problems had the chance to do the first charge according to directions. I was wondering if that mattered. Because of the problems most seemed to have, I made sure we didn't use them for the first 24 hours and I have not had a problem (knock on my wooden head) as of yet. I understand I might get one anytime-but just wanted to mention this.

I have followed Ooma setup instructions to the letter. The second set of replacement handsets were left to charge over 30hrs before first use. I don’t believe the actual problem to be the battery itself. It’s pointing squarely towards the handset firmware or hardware.

:arrow: By the way folks, I called support again yesterday to ask if they could get second level to call me any quicker since its now been over a week since I was asked to wait for a call from the second level support team. After explaining my problem and what I’d done to troubleshoot it, the agent told me the ticket number I supplied showed status CLOSED. I am so disappointed in this company; really, really?..come on!
#45444 by alancommike
Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:12 am
I agree with what dpierce is saying. It's not that there's an issue with the battery or that the Handset doesn't last long enough. The problem is that the Handset just up and dies sometimes. It goes from full charge to zero charge in a matter of hours (or minutes?).

It's most likely a firmware issue that will eventually get resolved, but it is annoying.

...alan
#45488 by amoney
Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:35 pm
amoney wrote:My Panasonic lasts a whole week.

Curious, what kind of batteries are in these Telo handsets, should not make a difference as my older NiCad handsets also lasted a while.

I will qoute myself, again curious what kind of batteries are used, since there has always been critisim regarding quality, perhaps these batteries are also just bad. The firmware updates for battery charge issues just doesn't sound right.

Just a theory.
#45524 by dpierce
Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:21 pm
Well, I'm sorry folks. My intent was to help solve some of this handset dead battery mystery but since the handset is no longer responding, my testing has been Unsuccessful. I can only assume my ailing office handset has gone to that great Ooma scrapheap in the sky with all the others that I've been sent.

I saw the backlight on as it sat in its cradle, so I picked it up and hit the green answer button to see if I still had a connection to the Telo base. I got no dial tone, so I attempted to turn it off by holding down the red hang-up button. It wouldn't turn off and instead just made a touchtone sound as I held the button. I ended up disconnecting the battery to reset it. I attempted to repeated the process, but the result was the same.

Yet again I’ll be expecting Ooma to send out a replacement that takes another few weeks. That is if I can get them to return my calls. Damn, my disposable razors last longer than these things.