Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#46406 by murphy
Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:01 pm
Bobby B wrote:This should be fixed now - you may need to manually reboot the Hub or Telo to grab the latest caller-id settings.

Not fixed.
I power cycled the hub.
If I place a call from the personal scout on my hub it presents the caller ID of the shared number instead of the personal number.
#46457 by murphy
Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:41 am
murphy wrote:
Bobby B wrote:This should be fixed now - you may need to manually reboot the Hub or Telo to grab the latest caller-id settings.

Not fixed.
I power cycled the hub.
If I place a call from the personal scout on my hub it presents the caller ID of the shared number instead of the personal number.

Okay, this morning the caller ID is working correctly for my personal number.
#46616 by amoney
Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:47 pm
murphy wrote:
murphy wrote:

Not fixed.
I power cycled the hub.

Okay, this morning the caller ID is working correctly for my personal number.

Hey they said Wednesday, so technically they have untill 11:59 pm.

:D
#46660 by sdbfood
Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:24 pm
Pulling the power on the Hub for 30 seconds and then restarting the Hub was effective today in getting the Scout showing the right number.
#47938 by kaho
Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:08 pm
I am Telo user. Mine shows "Ooma inc."in one area and my name in another. The weird thing was call quality to the area that showed "Ooma Inc."as my cllerID was bad while quality call ito the area that showed my name was superb. i did call cs but was issued escalated ticket support but haven't heard anything from them. Any idea to help?
Thanks
#47940 by murphy
Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:23 pm
Caller ID name is not transmitted by the calling phone company. Only the phone number is sent. The receiving phone company looks the name up in their local database. Until your name propagates to every database in the country you will have instances such as you just ran into. When Ooma originally bought the number that you have now, it was registered as Ooma Inc. It costs money to update the database and the smaller phone companies don't do it all that often.