Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#45993 by Bobby B
Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:25 pm
It'll be fixed via an automatic update without user intervention - we're aiming to get this out by Wednesday.
#46032 by rightzilla
Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:29 pm
My outbound calls started just reading "ooma inc." to the recipient, so if there is call blocking to the person I am calling, I get rejected. Any wiord on this?
#46045 by Groundhound
Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:08 pm
rightzilla wrote:My outbound calls started just reading "ooma inc." to the recipient, so if there is call blocking to the person I am calling, I get rejected. Any wiord on this?

Getting the correct outbound CID-name associated with your new Ooma number may take a few weeks as the changes have to be propagated to various third party databases. How long has it been since you registered your Ooma device? Your calls should not be blocked by people who have anonymous call rejection set because your CID-name is not being hidden - it's just not your name yet.
#46121 by msingh11
Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 pm
I'm having a different sort of problem. I've got outbound callerID blocked, but this only works every once in a while. When it does not work, a completely different number shows up in the caller ID information on the other end. My caller name information is never passed along. So clearly something is amiss...

I've tried calling into Ooma support only to be told, as an Ooma Core customer, I can't block outbound caller-id. No amount of telling the guy that I see it as an option and always have since I bought my Core back a year ago convinced him to help me with this problem. I got so frustrated that I ended up hanging up on this individual as he was clearly telling me that I was wrong in seeing this as an available option!

Will the "bug fix" you mention solve this problem as well or is this an entirely different issue?
#46201 by jfirquin
Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:01 pm
I am having the same problem. my outgoing is putting the wrong number the second number i have. The hub number. I need it to say the correct number because the number that is hooked onto the hub is a number we use as a fax number that we use and the scott and what we use for the voice. I read somehwere on here that this would be fixed by wed. Is this true. I called Ooma Sunday and they did a ticket on it. It is still doing it as this minute.
Thank you,
Justin
#46284 by chuckos
Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:52 am
Still having the problem. I tested it this morning.. Can some one from OOMA support tell us when they have applied this fix?

It is an issue with the wrong number for 911 calls... Bobby B can you please update us?

Thank you,

Charles
#46404 by Bobby B
Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:45 pm
This should be fixed now - you may need to manually reboot the Hub or Telo to grab the latest caller-id settings.