Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#45624 by mosteve
Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:28 pm
hi,

having same issue:
- calls made from scout show secondary caller ID
- calls made from hub show correct caller ID

from what i can tell, mine started failing 1-2 days ago. i've had my hub/scout for ~18 months. incoming calls work fine.

called support and spoke at length to 'Noe' in the Philippines. we tried factory reset and a few other things. no luck...

she said it is a known bug with no ETA on resolution, but assured me it is being worked on by Engineering.

let's make some noise and get this fixed.
#45699 by sdbfood
Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:57 pm
I am having the same problem with the Scout now sending out the secondary OOMA assigned number rather than the primary number that it had been using. This issue seems to have started sometime in the last week The Hub continues to send the primary number without any issue.

I called OOMA today and they had be do a factory reset of the Hub. No change, secondary number still being sent by the Scout.

Something must have changed on the OOMA side but the customer service representation said that the configuiration looked good to her.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to change this situation?
#45836 by jmassimilla
Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:46 pm
chuckos wrote:I have a Hub/Scout setup. 2 lines and each one having a separate phone connected to Hub/Scout respectively. I have been using this setup for about 3 months.. Yesterday I noticed that the outgoing caller id is not working on the phone hooked upto the scout unit. It always defaults to my primary Ooma number. I have contacted support and they had me power on/off both the hub/scout. Also performed a factory reset with no success. If I dial **1 before calling, it pulls up the correct number.

They said they would look into it but still have not heard back. Any help would be appreciated. I searched for a few hours on the forums but no one seems to have a fix or a final conclusion on how this might have been resolved.

Thank you,

Charles

I just found that this exact same thing is happening to me. In fact, I have 2 hubs, each with 2 numbers and it is happening with both of them. I also have a telo with 2 numbers and the outbound caller id works fine with them. The problem is just with the hub accounts.
#45846 by av8rdude
Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:37 pm
It's happening to me, also. The hub sends the primary caller id and both scouts send the secondary caller id. I have everything shared?

I have a beta telo in my house, too.

Yikes,
Scott
#45894 by Shutterstuff
Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:46 pm
Put me on the "me too" list...
#45942 by Bobby B
Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:00 am
Bug 7509 was filed on this one - we should have a fix out early this week.
#45973 by chuckos
Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:17 pm
Bobby B,

Is this something we will have to apply the fix on? Or done by OOMA? I would like a clarification thank you.

Charles