Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#44549 by chuckos
Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:38 am
I have a Hub/Scout setup. 2 lines and each one having a separate phone connected to Hub/Scout respectively. I have been using this setup for about 3 months.. Yesterday I noticed that the outgoing caller id is not working on the phone hooked upto the scout unit. It always defaults to my primary Ooma number. I have contacted support and they had me power on/off both the hub/scout. Also performed a factory reset with no success. If I dial **1 before calling, it pulls up the correct number.

They said they would look into it but still have not heard back. Any help would be appreciated. I searched for a few hours on the forums but no one seems to have a fix or a final conclusion on how this might have been resolved.

Thank you,

Charles
#44571 by Groundhound
Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:01 am
chuckos wrote:I have a Hub/Scout setup. 2 lines and each one having a separate phone connected to Hub/Scout respectively. I have been using this setup for about 3 months.. Yesterday I noticed that the outgoing caller id is not working on the phone hooked upto the scout unit. It always defaults to my primary Ooma number. I have contacted support and they had me power on/off both the hub/scout. Also performed a factory reset with no success. If I dial **1 before calling, it pulls up the correct number.

They said they would look into it but still have not heard back. Any help would be appreciated. I searched for a few hours on the forums but no one seems to have a fix or a final conclusion on how this might have been resolved.

Thank you,

Charles

Do inbound calls ring only on the Scout-connected phone, or both the Hub and Scout?
#44753 by mikegoldnj
Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:06 pm
Just discovered I have a similar problem.

My primary number is set as default for outgoing caller ID. However, when calls are made using the phone connected to the scout, the caller ID being sent is the secondary, ooma assigned, number rather the proper primary number.

Calls made using the phone connected to the Hub are still sending the proper ID.
#44758 by Kneo
Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:48 pm
mikegoldnj wrote:Just discovered I have a similar problem.

My primary number is set as default for outgoing caller ID. However, when calls are made using the phone connected to the scout, the caller ID being sent is the secondary, ooma assigned, number rather the proper primary number.

Calls made using the phone connected to the Hub are still sending the proper ID.

I am having this same problem. It started tonight. However I made some changes before it started. I replaced my router. Before I had OOMA in front of the router and now I have OOMA behind the router.

Anyone know how to fix this?
#44761 by Groundhound
Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:30 pm

If you have the Scout set up as a personal device with the second number assigned to it, it's supposed to work that way.
#44780 by chuckos
Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:53 am
This problem stared for me this last week.. It has worked all along... Something changed on the OOMA side not with my configuration.. I am still waiting on a call back from support. They are not good at calling you back on issues.

I will wait a few days...
#44792 by mikegoldnj
Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:16 am
Groundhound wrote:

If you have the Scout set up as a personal device with the second number assigned to it, it's supposed to work that way.

I understand that. That is not how this is set up.
#44953 by chuckos
Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:39 am
No call back from OOMA support..

Calling them now.. will post what I find out... Anyone have any other ideas?