Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#44472 by aviateur
Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:47 pm
I have noticed few things since I bought the telo handset:

- the telo is VERY slow to react to a key push (more than 2 seconds) and it leads you to dialing number error and missing items on menu
- the "MENU" key is place in an awkward position since it is small and recessed, you press the key below when you hit it
- I have noticed that at random, the microphone of the telo handset is muted (although it is not muted in the UI) and people can't hear me but will keep saying "hello , hello, hello ..." and obviously can't hear me. If I place a call immediately after that then same thing in reception (receiving a call) or transmission (calling someone else). Only way out of this madness is to remove battery power of the telo handset
- the battery indicater is out of whack: it will indicate full charge on the charging stand but 1 bar left when removed from it and the battery of the telo handset is disconnected and reconnected.

BTW how do you fully power off the telo handset without having to remove the battery?
#44483 by murphy
Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:38 pm
aviateur wrote:BTW how do you fully power off the telo handset without having to remove the battery?

Push and hold the red key until it turns off. The same as most cell phones except for the smartphone variety.
#44497 by aviateur
Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:52 pm
murphy wrote:
aviateur wrote:BTW how do you fully power off the telo handset without having to remove the battery?

Push and hold the red key until it turns off. The same as most cell phones except for the smartphone variety.

Thanks for the tip. Do you know how to flash new selective (that you choose) firmware to the telo handset?
#44503 by Groundhound
Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:07 pm
aviateur wrote:Thanks for the tip. Do you know how to flash new selective (that you choose) firmware to the telo handset?

Can't be done. Firmware distribution is done by Ooma on an automatic basis. Understandable when you think about it - they need to control what firmware versions are being supported on their system.
#44505 by aviateur
Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:11 pm
Groundhound wrote:
aviateur wrote:Thanks for the tip. Do you know how to flash new selective (that you choose) firmware to the telo handset?

Can't be done. Firmware distribution is done by Ooma on an automatic basis. Understandable when you think about it - they need to control what firmware versions are being supported on their system.

I had hope they had a backdoor to flash selective firmware (as I am sure QA has for themselves) in case they push the latest firmware and it creates more problem than it solves.