Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#44343 by jaysullivan
Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:17 pm
I purchased and registered my Ooma Hub 18 days ago but when I call people, some other guy's name comes up on the caller ID. I know it takes a while for the Caller ID changes to take effect, but it's almost been 3 weeks now. How long should this take?
#44354 by murphy
Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:43 am
10 business days is the usual reply. Do you know anyone else on Ooma that you could call and have them check your caller ID? It should be almost immediate on an Ooma to Ooma call.
#44357 by byersthja
Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:11 am
I would call support and open a ticket. I bought my Ooma unit in October and received a temporary number. I wanted to try it for a couple of months prior to porting my number. The outbound Caller ID name for my temporary number always displayed Ooma Inc. It never changed in the 3 months I had the temporary number. I wasn't really concerned about it since I was planning to port, so I never called customer service. My port completed on January 25 and my outbound Caller ID now shows my Name and number.
#44361 by amoney
Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:53 am
A few days, a week tops.

With todays technology and infrastructure, there should be no excues. A week or more and support is blowing you off. You need to get support that actually knows and corrects the over looked issue.

On a whim, you may want to reboot your Ooma box. I would not think it would be dependednt upon that but I have read stranger things on this forum.
#44367 by jaysullivan
Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:41 am
Sounds like it should have already happened. I'll try giving support a call. Just to answer some of the above questions - unfortunately I don't know anyone using Ooma that I can call. The caller ID doesn't show Ooma Inc, it shows some guy's name. It must be some guy who owned the number in the past. And yes, I've rebooted the Ooma a number of times since then, but the caller ID still doesn't show my name.

Thanks