Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#44332 by jviola
Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:16 pm
I received an email that my phone number would be ported over today. I've been so excited for this to happen. At 5:25PM I called ooma to find out when. They told me to be patient and that it would happen by 8PM Est time. At 7PM I had to go somewhere, when I got home I asked my wife if ooma called and she said no. I called ooma, but they are closed and my phone hasn't been ported over.

When does it happen? Is there a chance it may still happen today? Is there some where online I can go to check the status?
#44347 by Leeway
Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:54 pm
It can happen 'anytime' day or night.... or in the middle of the night.

You will know by dialing your ported number. It should ring on your Ooma connection after the porting.

You might even get an email. I don't know if they still do that or not but they did at one time.

Donna
#44353 by jviola
Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:42 am
Well, it is 5:40AM the next day and it didn't happen. Still waiting, no emails, no phone calls, just waiting.
#44362 by amoney
Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:58 am
Others have reported that the PORT happened a day later, so it may still be scheduled. If you got an email, you should be in good shape, its not a simple switch over, it takes a few hours, more over, you will know when your landline goes dead first. My experience it took 3 hours before the change over completed on Ooma side. I received email and phone message confirmation the PORT was completed successfully.

Call today to followup incase there was a glitch etc.

But from what I have read your still in the window of porting. Hang tight!
#44378 by jviola
Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:09 am
My number is ported over!!!! My wife called and said that someone called and it showed up on the caller ID and there wasn't that annoying buzzing. I looked and I still haven't received an email, nor did ooma called, but I believe it is ported over since we didn't have caller ID on our landline. There was no down time for us.
#44379 by byersthja
Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:28 am
jviola wrote:My number is ported over!!!! My wife called and said that someone called and it showed up on the caller ID and there wasn't that annoying buzzing. I looked and I still haven't received an email, nor did ooma called, but I believe it is ported over since we didn't have caller ID on our landline. There was no down time for us.

Easiet way to know for sure is to logon to Ooma with your ported number and check the call log.