Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#44744 by wrj
Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:13 pm
I just got my Telo last week and when I installed 33190 was loaded (or downloaded?). Anyway, if 33190 is latest firmware why does the "Ooma Status & Updates" section of this forum show 32829 as the latest? I do not see any mention of 33190.
#44754 by stubeeef
Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:21 pm
Could this be a targeted release for Telo's with certain hardware components vs others? I am not aware of a battery issue but mine (3) live in their charger docks. I have had the occassional sound quality issue but rare.
#44816 by XMEOME
Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:34 am
So whats new in this release it has still not been pushed to my Telo and its been 1 week.

I spent two hours on the phone with support and they must have slipped because they said they manually had to update 4000 Telo's. You think they only have 4000 sold to the general public?
#44817 by Groundhound
Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am
XMEOME wrote:I spent two hours on the phone with support and they must have slipped because they said they manually had to update 4000 Telo's. You think they only have 4000 sold to the general public?

Probably the key word in that statement was "manually". That could refer to those Telos that for one reason or another were not upgraded automatically.
#44908 by Dennis P
Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:46 pm
It is standard operating practice for us to roll out a new version of code to a portion of our customers first before we roll it out to everyone. Here is the normal progression of how new code gets deployed:

- Internal quality assurance team
- Employees
- External beta users
- Pilot users
- All users

33190 is currently in pilot deployment. We are in the process of trying to determine whether or not to roll it out to all users. In particular, there is one issue that was first identified by beta users and we need to know if it is a new or existing issue before making a decision to expand the distribution.
#44916 by 2spirit
Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:34 pm
Dennis . . . thanks for the explanation! I, for one, had no idea that there was a "pilot" phase between beta and full release of the updates. I'm relatively new to the Ooma family and still learning new things every day . . . thanks mostly to the well versed folks here on the forums. And those of us still at Rev: 32829 can now stop feeling neglected!
#45465 by hysonmb
Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:48 pm
Is there a way to be tagged as a pilot tester? My handset is driving me (and my wife) nuts right now. I'd love to get the new firmware.