Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#43834 by skisnow
Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:24 pm
My handset seems to be stuck in some mixed up state. The display shows normal date/time, and the number 186663. The blue VM light is also flashing. Pressing any of the buttons on the handset does nothing. I cannot make any calls, check voicemail, select the Menu, etc. from the phone. I can check voicemail on ooma.com, which presumably should stop the blue VM light from flashing. I've removed the battery, held down the red call hang up key, all to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
#43838 by Groundhound
Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 pm
skisnow wrote:My handset seems to be stuck in some mixed up state. The display shows normal date/time, and the number 186663. The blue VM light is also flashing. Pressing any of the buttons on the handset does nothing. I cannot make any calls, check voicemail, select the Menu, etc. from the phone. I can check voicemail on ooma.com, which presumably should stop the blue VM light from flashing. I've removed the battery, held down the red call hang up key, all to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Unusual that battery removal would not help. Try this:
Power cycle your Telo base.
Next, power off your handset by holding down the red hangup key. While the handset is off, hold down the left softkey and the 0 key and while holding both down press the red hangup key to turn the handset back on. The handset will enter Auto Registration mode, and at that point hold down the page button on the Telo base until it starts to blink rapidly and the handset will then ask for your PIN - use the same one you used the first time you registered it.
#43841 by RMM
Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:03 pm
I had something similar happen last week. My Uniden cordless phones were working fine but when I went to use the telo handset it had no dialtone & anytime I pressed a key all I would get was just a buzzing sound. I tried pulling the battery and resetting the handset numerous times with no avail…I finally just powered off the telo unit itself by pulling the power cord for a minute or so. (like Groundhound Suggested) When I plugged the telo back in it did sync up with the handset - without a factory reset of the handset. Hope this will work for you as well.