Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#42878 by Douganspach
Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:05 am
Since having my number ported about 10 days ago, I have not been able to make outgoing calls from my hub. I can call out from my scout phone. I have called tech support several times and find out I have had my problem sent to "level 3". Ooma support is slow and does not communicate well to update progress on my problem. I have noticed several other similar problems reported on this forum.....with few notes of resolution. I am getting VERY frustrated
#42887 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:51 am
Douganspach wrote:Since having my number ported about 10 days ago, I have not been able to make outgoing calls from my hub. I can call out from my scout phone. I have called tech support several times and find out I have had my problem sent to "level 3". Ooma support is slow and does not communicate well to update progress on my problem. I have noticed several other similar problems reported on this forum.....with few notes of resolution. I am getting VERY frustrated

What happens if you take the phone connected to your Scout, and plug it into your Hub's phone port instead? When testing this, disconnect the Hub's wall port temporarily while you're trying to make a call on the Hub-connected phone.
#43647 by bw1
Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:14 am
You need to eliminate all possible connection problems on your end.
Remove any router and connect directly to the modem.
Power down the modem and Ooma and then power them up one at a time. First the modem then the Ooma. If that doesn't work, try the other way.
Try another phone (connect to the phone port not the wall port).
Try different Ethernet and phone cables.
Try a factory reset on the Ooma.
Try setting the MAC address to use built-in on the http://setup.ooma.com network page.

I've seen too many of these issues with an incorrect setup causing the problem.

With that said, it still could be a problem with your account or with the carrier that Ooma partners within your area.
If the above troubleshooting options don't work, contact customer support until they get you in touch with someone that can help. If necessary, you could contact Bobby B or ntoy through the forums here.
#43714 by Bobby B
Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 am
If you can place calls from your Scout but not your Hub, then it sounds like there's likely some problem with the Hub setup.

A few questions -
1. When you pick up the phone attached to the Hub do you hear Ooma dialtone?
2. Can you answer calls on the phone connected to your Ooma Hub?
3. When you dial do you hear DTMF tones and ringback after you finish dialing or do you just hear dead air?
4. After you pick up the phone attached to the Hub, do you lose Internet connectivity? The easiest way to test this is to connect a computer to the HOME port and try a continuous ping out to an Internet web server like 8.8.8.8. I can ask support to help you with this test.
5. Is there anything connected to the WALL port at this time?
#43719 by Bobby B
Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:51 am
Just to close the loop on this one - our support team gave Doug a call. It looks like phone was using pulse dialing (an old rotary phone (?)) instead of DTMF dialing which was causing the Hub to not recognize the digits dialed.
#43741 by sfhub
Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:11 pm
Hey that is pretty cool someone at Ooma took the time to post the resolution for closure.

Even though it just takes a minute or so, usually don't see that level of attention to detail from other companies' reps.
#43826 by bw1
Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:39 pm
If you read through Bobby B's posts, you'll see a lot of "attention to detail". It's just too bad Ooma hasn't perfected a cloning machine for him and a few others in CA.