Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#42755 by highq
Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:29 pm
I have two Verizon lines. One is my voice line, the other for faxes. The billing number is the voice number.

I've seen postings on this Forum saying to make no changes to one's landine account until porting has occurred.

Once I decide to port my voice number, can I suppose|assume|imagine that Verizon will do so, then on its own switch my billing number to the fax number, or is there a serious possibility that my fax number could just disappear?
#42783 by amoney
Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:19 pm
I have seen references that Verizon appears to be smart enough to "roll" the other number over as a stand alone.

Note this is in reference to DSL integration where when a number PORT takes place Verizon automaticly rolled the DSL portion of the service into whats called "dry-loop" DSL and gets its own new account number.

Ultimately call and verify with Verizon. If you have the time see if you can split the two lines. But from what it sounds like with Verizon it seem slike you will be OK.