Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#43246 by jon
Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:46 pm
I had the same issue today after seating up my 2nd handset. I tested the system with my cell to my ooma lines and it went directly to VM. I checked the envelope and it was blue not orange. I called support and could not get through the line for about 15 minutes. I then decided to unplug the system to all the devices for about 30 seconds and power it all up again. Once rebooting completed everything works. I hope this helps.
#43447 by jeffhare85
Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:45 pm
Thanks for the idea, but I have done this twice now. Several weeks ago. I have never had any problems from several frequently called numbers, but several of my neighbors can never call us because of this problem.
#43646 by bw1
Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:13 am
jeffhare85 wrote:Thanks for the idea, but I have done this twice now. Several weeks ago. I have never had any problems from several frequently called numbers, but several of my neighbors can never call us because of this problem.

You need to eliminate all possible connection problems on your end.
Remove any router and connect directly to the modem.
Power down the modem and Ooma and then power them up one at a time. First the modem then the Ooma. If that doesn't work, try the other way.
Try another phone (connect to the phone port not the wall port).
Try different Ethernet and phone cables.
Try a factory reset on the Ooma.
Try setting the MAC address to use built-in on the http://setup.ooma.com network page.

I've seen too many of these issues with an incorrect setup causing the problem.

With that said, it still could be a problem with your account or with the carrier that Ooma partners within your area.
If the above troubleshooting options don't work, contact customer support until they get you in touch with someone that can help. If necessary, you could contact Bobby B or ntoy through the forums here.