Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#42729 by jeffhare85
Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 am
I ported my existing number around Christmas time and thought everything was working great. Over the last month, I have been informed by at least 5 different people that they have called, while we were home, and their call went straight to voice mail. We have never seen these calls on the call log and we never received a voice mail left by the people. We have tried to call customer support twice, the first time the lady said the problem was with our last carrier not dropping the service and the last time, 2 days ago the service rep tested our internet speed and said our internet was too fast for the default setting of Ooma. He stepped us through the change in set-up for the faster internet speed, but voice quality has never been a problem. We are still not receiving calls from local and long-distance numbers that go straight to "voice mail", which we never receive. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue?
#42730 by murphy
Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:29 am
What color is the Envelope key?
#42735 by murphy
Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:50 am
Do you have a hub or a Telo?
On a hub, turn the brightness dial on the right side all of the way up.
On a Telo press and release the top center button until the lights are lit.
If the envelope button is red, press and hold until it goes out in the case of a hub or turns blue in the case of a Telo.
#42786 by Groundhound
Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:28 pm
jeffhare85 wrote:I ported my existing number around Christmas time and thought everything was working great. Over the last month, I have been informed by at least 5 different people that they have called, while we were home, and their call went straight to voice mail. We have never seen these calls on the call log and we never received a voice mail left by the people. We have tried to call customer support twice, the first time the lady said the problem was with our last carrier not dropping the service and the last time, 2 days ago the service rep tested our internet speed and said our internet was too fast for the default setting of Ooma. He stepped us through the change in set-up for the faster internet speed, but voice quality has never been a problem. We are still not receiving calls from local and long-distance numbers that go straight to "voice mail", which we never receive. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue?

Do you have anonymous call block active with "send to voice mail" selected? Maybe the callers had their CID blocked.

oomaacb.jpg
oomaacb.jpg (100.82 KiB) Viewed 1789 times
#43238 by jeffhare85
Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:15 pm
amoney wrote:Whoa!

What is this talk of your internet is too FAST, and configuring Ooma to go faster!!!

I got to know, please!

:o

I thought the same thing. We are about ready to take this back to Costco and return to our old service. We had a neighbor call three times today and they all went straight to voice mail.