Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#42380 by Bill D
Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:16 am
Overall, everything is working well with my Ooma Hub, but occasionally folks I call locally here in South Florida don't answer because they say their incoming Caller-ID reads "SECC 786-422-7324".

A company CFO I called said "Thank goodness it's you - I thought it was the SEC".

I called that number and the message always says "Sorry, all circuits are busy now. Will you please try your call again later".

Does anyone have a clue what this is? Does anyone else get this error?

Bill
#42385 by hpepper
Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:33 am
Bill D wrote:Overall, everything is working well with my Ooma Hub, but occasionally folks I call locally here in South Florida don't answer because they say their incoming Caller-ID reads "SECC 786-422-7324".

A company CFO I called said "Thank goodness it's you - I thought it was the SEC".

I called that number and the message always says "Sorry, all circuits are busy now. Will you please try your call again later".

Does anyone have a clue what this is? Does anyone else get this error?

Bill

Not here - People I call occasionally get "PRIVATE CALL" I have never been told a different number shows up.
#42391 by southsound
Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:05 pm
Bill,

It sounds like you are going to need to call technical support. When I tried calling the number listed with my Telo, I got the same all circuits busy recording. When I tried calling using my GV number, it rang and rang. I would let the folks at ooma try to sort things out. Best to do it by phone rather than email. Their number is 888 711-6662. Let us know how things work out after talking to them.
#42398 by Bill D
Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:15 pm
southsound wrote:.... I would let the folks at ooma try to sort things out. Best to do it by phone rather than email. Their number is 888 711-6662. Let us know how things work out after talking to them.

I called and it was a long painful dead end. She understood the question and asked me for any of the "Called Numbers" and their phone service provider. The most recent one was an AT&T landline. After several long holds, Ooma's advice was to call AT&T.

Bill
#42439 by amoney
Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:54 pm
Bill D wrote:
southsound wrote:.... I would let the folks at ooma try to sort things out. Best to do it by phone rather than email. Their number is 888 711-6662. Let us know how things work out after talking to them.

I called and it was a long painful dead end. She understood the question and asked me for any of the "Called Numbers" and their phone service provider. The most recent one was an AT&T landline. After several long holds, Ooma's advice was to call AT&T.

Bill

:o

Call back, Ooma needs to sort it out. Call back a few times untill you get a person that understand and can help (it will probably need to be escalated). That is not acceptable. I would not.
#42448 by Bill D
Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:24 pm
amoney wrote:Call back, Ooma needs to sort it out. Call back a few times untill you get a person that understand and can help (it will probably need to be escalated). That is not acceptable. I would not.

It's painful to call repeatedly. I wish a simple email would work. The fact that this bug is intermittent is strange. I'm going to start keeping a log by asking folks what CID they saw (even though I hate to annoy folks with my problems).

The fact that the phone message is some sort of phone service provider makes me suspect they are an Ooma partner that has a bug in their system that occasionally sends their own CID name/number instead of passing through the real caller's name/number. Ooma should know who they are.

If there's any moderators lurking here, don't be shy :cool:

Bill
#42450 by amoney
Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:43 pm
Bill D wrote:
amoney wrote:Call back, Ooma needs to sort it out. Call back a few times untill you get a person that understand and can help (it will probably need to be escalated). That is not acceptable. I would not.

It's painful to call repeatedly. I wish a simple email would work. The fact that this bug is intermittent is strange. I'm going to start keeping a log by asking folks what CID they saw (even though I hate to annoy folks with my problems).

The fact that the phone message is some sort of phone service provider makes me suspect they are an Ooma partner that has a bug in their system that occasionally sends their own CID name/number instead of passing through the real caller's name/number. Ooma should know who they are.

If there's any moderators lurking here, don't be shy :cool:

Bill

I understand what a pain to call. I over looked that this is an occasional issue, which makes troubleshooting the issue even more difficult.

Curious is your number 786 as well. Wondering if those pot of area codes are susceptable to this issue?
#42485 by Bill D
Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:58 pm
amoney wrote:....Curious is your number 786 as well. Wondering if those pot of area codes are susceptable to this issue?

My area code is 954 (Ft laudable Florida area). 786 is in the next county south (Miami area). However, I get this problem when calling other 954 numbers in my own county.

I did some googling and saw the same things SDGeek saw - this number is clearly a VOIP carrier, which supports my theory about them being a Ooma partner in this area, and erroneously sending their own number out as a caller-ID.

I need Chloe O'Brien from 24. She can trace any problem to its source with a few keystrokes.

Bill
#42497 by amoney
Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:27 pm
Bill D wrote:
amoney wrote:....Curious is your number 786 as well. Wondering if those pot of area codes are susceptable to this issue?

My area code is 954 (Ft laudable Florida area). 786 is in the next county south (Miami area). However, I get this problem when calling other 954 numbers in my own county.

I did some googling and saw the same things SDGeek saw - this number is clearly a VOIP carrier, which supports my theory about them being a Ooma partner in this area, and erroneously sending their own number out as a caller-ID.

I need Chloe O'Brien from 24. She can trace any problem to its source with a few keystrokes.

Bill

I am in the same area code, I will keep tabs aswell.

Can a Ooma mod possibly comment about this?