Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#45170 by 44enviro
Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:04 am
"Let's see - you asked for thoughts... Here's mine: I think it is great that you have had your system for less than 30 days. That means if you would like to return it, you may do so easily..."

Ok. So I started the post with WTF.. yes I said.. dare I say it again.. WTF..
I am not new to VOIP, having been without a pots line for nearly 10 yrs. I started with vonage for many years and kept that in my home till I move to optimum voice. On the business and personal side I have deployed and used Lingo, Vonage, Magic Jack, and sadly Sunrocket (arghhh).

I currently still have one Magic Jack in use, and Optimum Voice and Vonage (office).

You see the WTF isn't completely spirited toward the idea that there is no CWCID due to some fix pending or glitch or even the complete omission, but in the fact that Customer Service initially and with bold confidence touted this as a feature that they had. Now I must tell you that I am much smarter and more savvy having been down the road of experience to blindly dive into those promises. Having been in the tech field and as a tech rep myself, I am familiar with the pitfalls surrounded by such technology. It is because of this that I am still an Optimum Voice customer and am overlapping my ooma service for 2 months in order to determine if the service is worthy of any more of my time and porting my phone number.

I would not have bought this device considering ooma was only offering 30 days satisfaction return policy, but the fact that Costco (God Love ya), has such a liberal return policy. I am an early adopter of new technology and simply jump on board to make some new discoveries for me personally as well as for my client base.

This all being said if there was no CWCID than please simply say that when I asked. If the CS rep was unfamiliar than shame on Ooma for not having better QC over the customer interface.

With regard to actually having the CWCID.. yes this is a rudimentary feature of all phone service providers, and like wearing shoes, the product shouldn't go out the door with out it operational. If this is just a temporary glitch pending some fix, then please advise pre-sales CS as well as post a bulletin notifying current customers of the pending remediation.

Yes your thoughts are welcome.

So I end this reply with WTF...
perhaps...
Way To Fail. Worse Than Failure. When They Fall. What To Fix. Why The Failure. or perhaps ultimately WHEN TO FIX!

So WTF!

Best to you.

James...
#45267 by amoney
Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:53 pm
With regard to actually having the CWCID.. yes this is a rudimentary feature of all phone service providers, and like wearing shoes, the product shouldn't go out the door with out it operational. If this is just a temporary glitch pending some fix, then please advise pre-sales CS as well as post a bulletin notifying current customers of the pending remediation.


I have to agree this this statement 100%.

I may be tolerable to a certain extent. But it is not acceptable for Ooma to advertise one thing then say a feature is not working yet. You just cant operate like that.
#46492 by nynate
Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:57 am
I'm having this issue too with a Panasonic home phone system. I hope this gets fixed soon because otherwise its a significant issue for me and i will have to consider returning the system to the store.
#46560 by 44enviro
Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:39 pm
nynate wrote:I'm having this issue too with a Panasonic home phone system. I hope this gets fixed soon because otherwise its a significant issue for me and i will have to consider returning the system to the store.


The type of phone system at home is not relevant... this is ab issue with the service originating from ooma.

I have still yet to hear back from them. I sent them a response well over a week ago. Still nothing.

James...
#46605 by amoney
Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:05 pm
44enviro wrote:
nynate wrote:I'm having this issue too with a Panasonic home phone system. I hope this gets fixed soon because otherwise its a significant issue for me and i will have to consider returning the system to the store.


The type of phone system at home is not relevant... this is ab issue with the service originating from ooma.

I have still yet to hear back from them. I sent them a response well over a week ago. Still nothing.

James...


Just to clarify, yes there is a problem with SOME brands of phones. NYNATE was just specifying which one he has (a model number would have been better).

There is no excuess, and since Ooma has been gabbing about other new features and bug fixes, and no update on this bug.
#46713 by 44enviro
Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 am
amoney wrote:
Just to clarify, yes there is a problem with SOME brands of phones. NYNATE was just specifying which one he has (a model number would have been better).

There is no excuess, and since Ooma has been gabbing about other new features and bug fixes, and no update on this bug.


I have tried three mfg's and different models and they all produce no caller ID with call waiting. Yet, they produce it on Optimum voice, vonage and magic Jack. I have used the sames phones on those services. Ooma is the only service that I have tried that is not working with caller id with call waiting. I am led to believe the onus falls on ooma and not the type of phone.

james...
#46807 by amoney
Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:33 pm
44enviro wrote:
amoney wrote:
Just to clarify, yes there is a problem with SOME brands of phones, Ooma has request the model of problem phones to add to there bug list. NYNATE was just specifying which one he has (a model number would have been better).

There is no excuess, and since Ooma has been gabbing about other new features and bug fixes, and no update on this bug.


I have tried three mfg's and different models and they all produce no caller ID with call waiting. Yet, they produce it on Optimum voice, vonage and magic Jack. I have used the sames phones on those services. Ooma is the only service that I have tried that is not working with caller id with call waiting. I am led to believe the onus falls on ooma and not the type of phone.

james...


I intended to write the above edit earlier to clarify more.

Some people reported success with the Telo. Although as you pointed out it seems as though there are many theat do not work, hence your point, it does not seemingly matter what model of phone -its broken on Ooma's end. Though if anything, specifing the model, will help Ooma. Obvioulsy CWCID has a standard, and Ooma Telo is broken in this regard.

What I fear is that this is a hardware issue!! Given Ooma's continued silence on this bug.
#48012 by nynate
Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:55 pm
amoney wrote:
44enviro wrote:
nynate wrote:I'm having this issue too with a Panasonic home phone system. I hope this gets fixed soon because otherwise its a significant issue for me and i will have to consider returning the system to the store.


The type of phone system at home is not relevant... this is ab issue with the service originating from ooma.

I have still yet to hear back from them. I sent them a response well over a week ago. Still nothing.

James...


Just to clarify, yes there is a problem with SOME brands of phones. NYNATE was just specifying which one he has (a model number would have been better).

There is no excuess, and since Ooma has been gabbing about other new features and bug fixes, and no update on this bug.



I have a Panasonic KX-TH102 multi phone multi line system.
Still not working.
#48608 by oog747
Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:16 pm
+1

Wired Fanstel HAC VC BT112 and cordless VTech DS6222-5 doesn't show caller id on "call waiting" call. For the first call caller id and caller name is shown correctly on all the phones.
#48695 by Bobby B
Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:30 am
Yes, this is a software problem on the Ooma Telo (bug 5984), that causes call-waiting caller-ID not to be displayed on some types of phones. We have a partial fix that should make it work with more phone models that we're aiming to release in the next 2-3 weeks. We're currently working on a complete fix that should resolve it for the rest.

44enviro wrote:I have tried three mfg's and different models and they all produce no caller ID with call waiting...I am led to believe the onus falls on ooma and not the type of phone.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests