Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#41216 by amoney
Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:21 pm
Now this is an assumption that call waiting caller ID should be working. But all I get is the beep (sometimes followed by short sharp screetch) that someones calling in. My handsets do support this feature. Everything eles is fine.

So whats the verdict. Is it suppose to work. I would expect so (Premier). And if not I certainly will hope this will be in the future. I consider it standard part of caller ID, then again I considered the name included as well but I have no issues paying a premium to help company out, but having said that I expect call waiting caller ID to work.

Thanks.
#41224 by bw1
Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:08 pm
There was a problem with the Telo (always worked with the Hub).
It should be working if you've been updated to 31869.

If you're still having problems, post the specific phone model that it's not working with.
#41233 by amoney
Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:34 pm
Ba hum bug, others are reporting the same issue.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4939

Happens with my Panasonic KX-TG7431 and my old Panasonic KX-TG5571 systems. Both are Call Waiting Caller ID capable.

Telo revision B firmware 1.32829

Note if I hang up the first call the 2nd call that was beeping in then shows the CNAM info.

Ooma needs to fix this compatability issue.

EDIT

In the other thread, Dennis P acknowledges Ooma is aware of the issue and is working on a update.

Ooma might want to disclose this issue with a sticky with status to avoid mutiple posts and track user issues, I initially tried a forum search and got nadda, then I saw the other thread after the bump.
#42126 by jevonjackson
Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:44 pm
I just recently upgraded from Hub to Telo which took 5 days and 2 hrs on hold to transfer my account, the choppy calls and the QoS headach that I had to deal with, now the call waiting caller ID is not working, I have a brand new vtech model DS6322-4 which was working with the hub is now not working. I'm seriously considering downgrading back to the Hub. I know the Telo is pretty and all but the $11 more a year (not really THAT big of a deal) and the CWCID thing, I'm frustrated. Is there a fix? I 've been with Ooma for over a year with no probems until now.
#42150 by amoney
Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:56 am
jevonjackson wrote:I just recently upgraded from Hub to Telo which took 5 days and 2 hrs on hold to transfer my account, the choppy calls and the QoS headach that I had to deal with, now the call waiting caller ID is not working, I have a brand new vtech model DS6322-4 which was working with the hub is now not working. I'm seriously considering downgrading back to the Hub. I know the Telo is pretty and all but the $11 more a year (not really THAT big of a deal) and the CWCID thing, I'm frustrated. Is there a fix? I 've been with Ooma for over a year with no probems until now.

Just a note, I think as an original HUB user your exempt from the 12 yearly FCC fee.
#44322 by dmac
Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:27 pm
I just got my Telo working after 2 days of BS and now I am not able to see any caller id info.
I have a Panasonic KX-TG2238 base and handset. Any ideas? Thanks
#45153 by 44enviro
Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 pm
WTF! is it possible.. when I signed up for ooma I 1st called them and asked about call waiting with caller ID.. which is standard with every carrier.. including Magic Jack.

Ooma said oh yes we have that. I now have ooma for a little over a week. and there is no call waiting with caller ID.. I called tech and they told... me they don't have that and are not sure when they will. Are you kidding me!!!.. everyone has that.. what kinda of QC is going on over there. It's like buying a new car without the option for heat and air. Yes we can drive the car.. but certainly in no comfort!

I am dumbfounded that this is really the case.

Thoughts?
#45165 by southsound
Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:31 pm
44enviro wrote:WTF! is it possible.. when I signed up for ooma I 1st called them and asked about call waiting with caller ID.. which is standard with every carrier.. including Magic Jack.

Ooma said oh yes we have that. I now have ooma for a little over a week. and there is no call waiting with caller ID.. I called tech and they told... me they don't have that and are not sure when they will. Are you kidding me!!!.. everyone has that.. what kinda of QC is going on over there. It's like buying a new car without the option for heat and air. Yes we can drive the car.. but certainly in no comfort!

I am dumbfounded that this is really the case.

Thoughts?

Let's see - you asked for thoughts... Here's mine: I think it is great that you have had your system for less than 30 days. That means if you would like to return it, you may do so easily. You can buy a lot of MJ's for the price of the Telo. However, if you are willing to wait a short while until ooma is able to roll out some additional fixes for known problems (and some that will add some features as well) you will find that the Telo is an excellent unit. Many of us on the forum love our ooma devices. I've had my hub for a year now and my Telo for about 5 months. No complaints although I have seen a lot of improvements and some bug fixes. It is not a matter of bad QC, the devices have a lot of software running inside that is routinely updated by ooma without user intervention.

I normally would not be so terse in answering a post from a fairly new user, but when a person starts off with "WTF", I have to wonder what the World Trade Federation has to do with anything? Unless you meant some other crass, sophomoric, and rude thing which has no place in a user forum populated by reasonable, intellegent users.