Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#40530 by teloooma2
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:21 pm
Rev: 1.32342
Your ooma Network is Registering, please wait...
Internet: Connected
Oama Core: Detecting...
Phone Line: Connected
------------------------------
Ooma Services
Phone Setup: We are waiting for your phone to be configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled
Voice Mail: Enabled
NETWORK:
MODEM: Connected
HOME: Connected
OOMA Tunel: Disconnected

SErvices:
Telephony: Running
DNS: Running
Web Server: Running
VPN: Running
#40537 by tommies
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:40 pm
This is the server the device needs to talk to to get its configuration file. Try to ping this ooma server

ping -c 5 myxprov.ooma.com

If ping result ok, unplug the power cord of the telo for a few minutes before plug it back on.

If ping result not ok, (packet lost or take too long), it's your network problem.
#40542 by Tony
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:45 pm
What kind of Internet access do you have, DSL, cable ?

Try to connect the Telo directly to you cable or DSL modem, then disconnect/reconnect the power supply of all your equipment: modem, then Telo. Make sure to do that.

Can you connect your router behind the Telo?

Did you try to use the Telo since 12/25/09?
#40612 by teloooma2
Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:54 am
Tony, --- the connection is via cable (WOW).
I installed the Telo on 24 of December and I was able to make one phone call. After then the Telo, sort of, reset and never was able to sink to the ooma server again.
I also tried several times to set the Telo right after the cable modem, performed the factory reset and nothing helped.

I getting to the opinion, that the Telo is broken because the light on the internet port are solid green and solid yellow. Green is fine but the solid yellow indicates problem. I suspect the firmware update, which took place around the December 25.
#40615 by teloooma2
Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:07 am
tommies, --- thanks for the idea of the ping.
I tried it and the ping result is OK. All packets were send and replayed 0% lost avg replay time 82ms.
By the way the ping command is ping -n 5 myxprov.ooma.com

All the resets, I performed did not help. I think the Telo got stock in a strange form during the firmware upgrade to rev. 1.32342
#40714 by amoney
Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:12 pm
Can you clarify your ping results... your network configuration.

Was your computer attached to the Ooma "home" LAN port when you pinged out to the Ooma servers?

Vice versa with the Ooma behind your router, can you ping the Ooma device.

If so it would appear things are fine with the Ooma although the status light does sound abit abnormal, especially if your pc is behind the Ooma accessing the internets (the activity light should be flashing).

If there is an issue, I would be very interested to see how Ooma handles your device not working, and how fast you get a replacement.
#40731 by Tony
Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:59 pm
Dear teloooma2,

We think that your Telo has a hardware issue. Someone from customer support will contact you by tomorrow on this subject for replacing the unit.
#40738 by teloooma2
Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:32 pm
The hardware setup is as follow: modem->router->Telo
Telo is setup with static IP adddress and expose by the router in the DMZ.
The ping was perform from laptop wireless connected to router. As I mentioned all packet were sent and replayed with 0% lost Avg replay time was 82ms.
On the other hand, when I tried ping telo from the laptop. The result was timeout. But this could be explained if the Telo does not support ping command. However, the router confirms the Telo MAC address and IP address in its log list.

I spend some time today with the customer service this afternoon and we got to the conclusion that the Telo is defected and has to be replaced. Due to the fact, I purchased the Telo from Amazon, I requested the return with the replacement on line today. According to the email from Amazon, the new telo is on its way and should arrive tomorrow. ...Viva Amazon!
#40752 by amoney
Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:08 pm
teloooma2 wrote:The hardware setup is as follow: modem->router->Telo
Telo is setup with static IP adddress and expose by the router in the DMZ.
The ping was perform from laptop wireless connected to router. As I mentioned all packet were sent and replayed with 0% lost Avg replay time was 82ms.
On the other hand, when I tried ping telo from the laptop. The result was timeout. But this could be explained if the Telo does not support ping command. However, the router confirms the Telo MAC address and IP address in its log list.

I spend some time today with the customer service this afternoon and we got to the conclusion that the Telo is defected and has to be replaced. Due to the fact, I purchased the Telo from Amazon, I requested the return with the replacement on line today. According to the email from Amazon, the new telo is on its way and should arrive tomorrow. ...Viva Amazon!

Yeah, Amazon is great for returns. Talk about a machine that makes thin profit big by mass volume sales, Amazon is fantastic.

Great to see fast response by Ooma too!!!

Regarding ping. Any network device has to respond to ping command (unless there is a firewall to prevent) its basic networking. I can ping my Telo, its connected behind the router, but not placed in the DMZ.

Any reason why you put it in the DMZ? You can set a port forwarding rule in the Telo (port 80 for 172.x.x.x) so you can access the "home" LAN port of the Telo for configuration (i.e. setup.ooma.com which would then become the assigned IP given by your router).
#40918 by teloooma2
Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:05 pm
I got the new Telo unit. I've just activated it and it works right from the bed. ;) So far so good. :)

The previous unit was defected. I noticed, on the label on the bottom of the new Telo unit, the unit revision is B. As I recall correctly the previous unit had revision A, if it matter at all.

I keep the Telo behind the router with dynamic IP. I will do the port forwarding to be able to get to the setup via network.
No problem with pinging the Telo => 1ms. NO more DMZ. Why I had the Telo in DMZ? It was another attempt to clear any possible obstruction when the previous unit could not sink to the ooma server.

To conclude the light status on the Telo: the yellow is solid and the green is blinking. I guess this is the correct scenario.

Thanks all for your help. :D