Telo Handset - When Will They Ship?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Samurai

Telo Handset - When Will They Ship?

Post by Samurai » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:13 pm

I can't find anywhere in the Support Forum that shows the current shipping date for Telo handsets. Since it changes periodically, I would expect Ooma would create a Support Topic such as "Telo Handset Shipping Status" and keep it updated. I ordered mine on Dec 26th (seven working/shipping days ago). Thanks.

Samurai
Samurai

Samurai

Re: Telo Handset - When Will They Ship?

Post by Samurai » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:54 am

I should add that on 'My Ooma, Add-Ons, Ooma Telo Handset', they show the following status message:

Handsets are currently backordered until December 18th, 2009

Note to Ooma - please update, but also consider putting this info on the Board Index page. Thanks.

Samurai
Samurai

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:29 am

The handset arrived yesterday (Thu, Jan 7) via UPS. Now I have to search the Forum to determine how to transfer my Contact list to the handset. Although the Quick Start Guide refers you to my.ooma.com.contacts, there is nothing on the menu concerning transferring data to the handset.

Samurai
Samurai

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:31 am

Samurai wrote:The handset arrived yesterday (Thu, Jan 7) via UPS. Now I have to search the Forum to determine how to transfer my Contact list to the handset. Although the Quick Start Guide refers you to my.ooma.com.contacts, there is nothing on the menu concerning transferring data to the handset.

Samurai
Can't be done yet... Hopefully soon though! :)
Go AVS!

The Talker

Post by The Talker » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:33 am

The ability to Transfer your contacts from in MyOoma to the handsets has not been implement yet.
I am The Talker || **Lifetime Premier Service Subscriber** Use this SEARCH function folks!

MikeC

Post by MikeC » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:56 am

I just bought my Ooma telo and handset. The telo seems to work real good except that power plug seems to come out real easy, only real problem there. The handset i must say is not that great. It has very sharp edges from mold flashing on front outside edge, sent customer service email and never got response. I bought the last one at the store so I was hoping Ooma could send replacement but they never responded to my email so now I'm stuck until store gets new stock. Also any time I speak to someone on speaker phone the person on the other end gets real bad echo of everything they say. At this point I wouldn't purchase another one until they fix the bugs which I hope they will.

Just my opinion and thoughts

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:00 am

Thanks to both of you for your info. I just found that out in the Forums and should have checked there first.

Samurai
Samurai

bw1

Post by bw1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:46 am

MikeC wrote:I just bought my Ooma telo and handset. The telo seems to work real good except that power plug seems to come out real easy, only real problem there. The handset i must say is not that great. It has very sharp edges from mold flashing on front outside edge, sent customer service email and never got response. I bought the last one at the store so I was hoping Ooma could send replacement but they never responded to my email so now I'm stuck until store gets new stock. Also any time I speak to someone on speaker phone the person on the other end gets real bad echo of everything they say. At this point I wouldn't purchase another one until they fix the bugs which I hope they will.

Just my opinion and thoughts
They all have sharp edges, AFAIK.

For the power plug problem see here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4597&p=32950

The Talker

Wire Mesh Glove

Post by The Talker » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:31 am

My solution:
Attachments
OomaWireMeshGlove.jpg
OomaWireMeshGlove.jpg (33.51 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
I am The Talker || **Lifetime Premier Service Subscriber** Use this SEARCH function folks!

southsound

Post by southsound » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:00 pm

RE: ooma glove - this is a great new accessory! It looks like it is big enough that it will allow multiple handsets too. :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.