Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#40496 by Samurai
Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:13 pm
I can't find anywhere in the Support Forum that shows the current shipping date for Telo handsets. Since it changes periodically, I would expect Ooma would create a Support Topic such as "Telo Handset Shipping Status" and keep it updated. I ordered mine on Dec 26th (seven working/shipping days ago). Thanks.

Samurai
#40613 by Samurai
Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:54 am
I should add that on 'My Ooma, Add-Ons, Ooma Telo Handset', they show the following status message:

Handsets are currently backordered until December 18th, 2009

Note to Ooma - please update, but also consider putting this info on the Board Index page. Thanks.

Samurai
#40829 by Samurai
Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:29 am
The handset arrived yesterday (Thu, Jan 7) via UPS. Now I have to search the Forum to determine how to transfer my Contact list to the handset. Although the Quick Start Guide refers you to my.ooma.com.contacts, there is nothing on the menu concerning transferring data to the handset.

Samurai
#40833 by Aveamantium
Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:31 am
Samurai wrote:The handset arrived yesterday (Thu, Jan 7) via UPS. Now I have to search the Forum to determine how to transfer my Contact list to the handset. Although the Quick Start Guide refers you to my.ooma.com.contacts, there is nothing on the menu concerning transferring data to the handset.

Samurai

Can't be done yet... Hopefully soon though! :)
#40837 by MikeC
Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:56 am
I just bought my Ooma telo and handset. The telo seems to work real good except that power plug seems to come out real easy, only real problem there. The handset i must say is not that great. It has very sharp edges from mold flashing on front outside edge, sent customer service email and never got response. I bought the last one at the store so I was hoping Ooma could send replacement but they never responded to my email so now I'm stuck until store gets new stock. Also any time I speak to someone on speaker phone the person on the other end gets real bad echo of everything they say. At this point I wouldn't purchase another one until they fix the bugs which I hope they will.

Just my opinion and thoughts
#40840 by Samurai
Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:00 am
Thanks to both of you for your info. I just found that out in the Forums and should have checked there first.

Samurai
#40872 by bw1
Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:46 am
MikeC wrote:I just bought my Ooma telo and handset. The telo seems to work real good except that power plug seems to come out real easy, only real problem there. The handset i must say is not that great. It has very sharp edges from mold flashing on front outside edge, sent customer service email and never got response. I bought the last one at the store so I was hoping Ooma could send replacement but they never responded to my email so now I'm stuck until store gets new stock. Also any time I speak to someone on speaker phone the person on the other end gets real bad echo of everything they say. At this point I wouldn't purchase another one until they fix the bugs which I hope they will.

Just my opinion and thoughts

They all have sharp edges, AFAIK.

For the power plug problem see here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4597&p=32950
#40887 by southsound
Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:00 pm
RE: ooma glove - this is a great new accessory! It looks like it is big enough that it will allow multiple handsets too. :P