Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#40421 by PMGal
Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:42 am
Hi - Just got my Ooma hub yesterday and hooked it up without any issues. My question is - since we are porting our existing phone no., how will we know when that process is complete so we can have our current provider shut-off? I've read in the FAQs that it generally takes 3-weeks to complete the process, but there is no mention as to how we will know when the process is complete. Thanks for your help and for liberating us!
#40425 by PMGal
Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:00 am
Just found the answer I needed in the knowledge base area - sorry about that!

4) When the phone number has been ported to your Ooma system, a member of our customer support team will make a test call to your Ooma system. Ooma will send a final email notifying you that the porting process is complete. You can then call your previous service provider to cancel the phone service.
#40426 by murphy
Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:07 am
PMGal wrote:Just found the answer I needed in the knowledge base area - sorry about that!

4) When the phone number has been ported to your Ooma system, a member of our customer support team will make a test call to your Ooma system. Ooma will send a final email notifying you that the porting process is complete. You can then call your previous service provider to cancel the phone service.

Normally your account with the previous service provider is canceled automatically when the port completes. It doesn't hurt to call and verify however. You will most likely be without phone service on the day of the port. Mine was out for about 7 hours between when the old provider disconnected service and ooma connected service.