Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#40254 by PaulB
Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:07 am
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5635

The link above is about a problem I think is directly related. I found out that I cannot access the browser setup.
I connected the Ooma Telo before the router and I have connected it after the router and I get the same thing - no network connection to other computers and no setup (from a browser).

Any ideas?
#40257 by bw1
Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:15 am
Are you referring to access to http://setup.ooma.com?

You should be able to access it by plugging a computer into the Home Network port of the Telo.
#40267 by PaulB
Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:57 am
I have plugged my computer into that port and cannot access http://setup.ooma.com
I also tried something someone else suggested: http://172.27.35.1 It did not work either. Both show address not found.
In fact, the computer I plug into the home network plug is not found on my network and cannot access the internet.
#40274 by bw1
Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:11 am
Is the computer that you plugged into that port setup to get an IP address from DHCP or is it using a static IP?

Did you reboot it?

You could try ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew to get an IP address.
#40285 by PaulB
Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:46 am
It uses a static IP address. I will try to /release /renew and report results. Of course, I will reboot after I use ipconfig.
#40286 by bw1
Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:52 am
PaulB wrote:It uses a static IP address.

That's why you can't connect.
#40310 by PaulB
Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:46 pm
Is there a way to set the IP address so it is the same each time it boots up? I need this so I can access it remotely using Wake On Lan and a remote program called Team Viewer. Actually, I don't think Team Viewer needs the same one, but WOL does.

BTW, I turned off the static address and it does now work - except I cannot see that desktop on my network.
#40314 by Aveamantium
Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:02 pm
PaulB wrote:Is there a way to set the IP address so it is the same each time it boots up? I need this so I can access it remotely using Wake On Lan and a remote program called Team Viewer. Actually, I don't think Team Viewer needs the same one, but WOL does.

BTW, I turned off the static address and it does now work - except I cannot see that desktop on my network.

If you give the DHCP Server the same starting and ending IP address range then that number will always be assigned to the device. Unfortunately this only works for one device. My advice is to just see what IP is assigned by the Hub/Telo and note it since the assigned IP address "usually" doesn't change.
#40321 by PaulB
Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:39 pm
I did that and it boots to the same IP address each time, but WOL does not work and the computer is not seen on the network.
#40322 by Aveamantium
Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:49 pm
PaulB wrote:I did that and it boots to the same IP address each time, but WOL does not work and the computer is not seen on the network.

Is it (the computer you're trying to access) in a different subnet then the rest of your LAN?