Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#39988 by earler
Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:25 am
Actually it does work, only very intermittently. Probably about 25% of the time or less. Everything else is good, basic calling in and out works well, good voice quality. I've got a Telo set up behind my router ('cause I need local DNS). Also, I haven't been able to get to the setup page on my Telo without connecting to the LAN port on the Telo directly; I've got a static IP set up for Ooma, put the IP for the setup page in the Telo's DMZ, and bound the LAN IP for the Telo to the setup page IP.

I'm not that concerned about accessing the setup web page without reconnecting directly to the LAN port on the Telo, but I do need to get Caller ID working consistently. I haven't found any other advice about it in the posts on this board, so any help would be appreciated.
#40105 by moku160
Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:30 pm
I am exactly in the same boat, except I maybe get caller ID 60% of the time. I have no technical knowledge of how the ooma system works, but i figured that the reason the caller ID wasnt working was it was a little overloaded because of the holiday season and more people making calls. Can anyone with more knowledge on the subject let us know.

Ohh i have only had ooma for about 2 weeks so i really dont know if this is always the case.

Thanks
#40120 by bw1
Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:22 pm
Did you try a different phone? Some cordless phone systems seem to have a problem displaying caller id., Though I think that if it works at all, it should work all the time.
#40237 by earler
Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:36 am
Thanks for the responses; I'll try another phone, although I'm not real enthusiastic about that, as you say why would it work sometimes and not others...

Anyone else? Any Ooma techie types monitor this board or should I just call in for support?
#40275 by murphy
Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:13 am
earler wrote:Thanks for the responses; I'll try another phone, although I'm not real enthusiastic about that, as you say why would it work sometimes and not others...

Anyone else? Any Ooma techie types monitor this board or should I just call in for support?

Are you also feeding the phone port into your house wiring?
If you are, you might have something on the house wiring that is loading down the ringing signal.
#40291 by earler
Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:08 am
Well I can't say the wiring between the Telo and the phone is the best, it's one stretch of cable through a plug in a structured wiring box. But it makes some sense that wiring issues could intermittently cause the caller ID stuff not to go through.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can isolate for wiring issues.