Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#40490 by murphy
Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:41 pm
lchan wrote:I wonder if your Telo was the cause of you download speed problem. Once I helped a friend to fix her Roadrunner Internet connection. The cable modem refused to talk to the router until I set up the router to clone the MAC address of the last device the the Modem connected to. After that, everything was working fine.

I think it is worthwhile for you to take the Telo to a friend's home and try it out over there. It would be best if your friend uses FiOS or sometime else but not cable.

Whenever you change what is connected to a cable modem it is required that the cable modem be power cycled to make it forget the last MAC address that was connected.

If the cable modem is also a phone adapter that has an internal battery, there will be a reset switch on the unit since the battery won't allow it to be turned off.
#40528 by tommies
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:13 pm
lchan wrote:I wonder if your Telo was the cause of you download speed problem. Once I helped a friend to fix her Roadrunner Internet connection. The cable modem refused to talk to the router until I set up the router to clone the MAC address of the last device the the Modem connected to. After that, everything was working fine.

I think it is worthwhile for you to take the Telo to a friend's home and try it out over there. It would be best if your friend uses FiOS or sometime else but not cable.

Do you reboot/reset the modem when ever your switching the devices behind it? Cable modem is notoriously picky regarding this(MAC changed).
#40916 by pbernard
Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:37 pm
My internet speed with RoadRunner is suffering badly. I used to get almost 9 Mbps, now, it is less than 1 MB. I have tried moving the ooma Telo to different points in the system, but I cannot get my speed back. Any ideas?
#40935 by droupe
Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:26 pm
Hello, new to OOMA myself, but enjoying the service greatly. Gotta love free service. Anyhow, regarding the slow service. I have RoadRunner as well in Florida. I have seen no slow down in service what-so-ever with my telo. There is a chance that the ooma telo that you have gotten may have an internal issue with it. I am a computer technician for a large global company and I know from experience that if it is electronic, anything can happen, moving parts or not, there could be a chance that when they made yours the person shocked the board otherwise known as ESD (Electro-static discharge) and damaged something as components these days are sensitive to that, or even the possibility that something was damaged in shipping.

I could be wrong, but it is something to consider.
#41029 by Paradox
Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:01 am
Thanks for all the replies. I will call Ooma today and see what is up with my trouble ticket since they never had the decency to get back to me via email or phone call.

One thing interesting with this whole problem. Yesterday I went to retrieve a voicemail using the Ooma Handset. While I was getting the voicemail, which is not a phone call but directly from the handset to the telo device, I got the burst of static. This was while the 'Ooma girl' was still saying press 1 for new voicemail etc. So it was not recorded onto the voicemail message.

The whole thing is just not making sense to me. It's So annoying that the Ooma service works perfectly when it kills my download speeds like it does. I cannot even watch streaming video it slows it down so much...
#41047 by Paradox
Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:44 am
pbernard wrote:My internet speed with RoadRunner is suffering badly. I used to get almost 9 Mbps, now, it is less than 1 MB. I have tried moving the ooma Telo to different points in the system, but I cannot get my speed back. Any ideas?

Try MODEM ==> ROUTER ==> OOMA and see if it speeds up the downloads, That works for me BUT I get the bursts of static on the line. See if you get the bursts of static as well. If not then my telo may be screwed...
#41332 by Paradox
Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:25 am
Groundhound wrote:That version was downloaded within the past 24-72 hours. Try the speedtest.net test again with no call in progress.

Just tried it again and still, the Ooma is killing by download speeds.

I called tech support and they still say my case is open, how damned look does it take to look into a problem someone is having?

Do you think like others it could be a bad network adapter in the Ooma itself having the problems I am having with the different ways of connecting things?