Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#39395 by murphy
Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:14 am
Two possibilities.

Ooma needs to contact their carrier partner that handles that number and make sure it is active in their control files.

You need to contact the carrier of the phone you are using to call the number and complain that they are not connecting your call to a valid number.

It's possible that both need to be done.
#39675 by Stinkeypants
Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:24 am
Finally got some one that understood my problem... He switched my number and I now work like a champ. The sound quality is great!!! Very happy with the service.

I recommend this to anyone that like to save money.
#39728 by amoney
Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:48 pm
Great to hear. I was about to suggest that. I was going to say keep calling back to back untill someone with intelligence fix the problem. The problem was possible like an earlier post suggest with the carrier not connecting the number correctly. Switching to a new number was the fastest fix.

Unfortunately in the biz and the rest of the world for that matter, lots of people do not have the inherited problem soving skill (creativity) to connect the dots or at least isolate the problem to get it solved. Humorously they dont have background understanding how things work, they are just a basic call center that tells the consumer to reboot the device and other basic stuff, but more advance problems are seemingly put off when a simple fix can be done.

At least it seems this is the case with Ooma support. The two times I have called, the customer support seemed very careing granted I did not have a complex issue. Again Ooma even alludes to the fact that this service is more for people that are technically savey, perhaps Ooma is expecting their customers to figure out Ooma back end issues. It would not be the first time that I as a consumer had to point out the solution to a customer service department of other buisness to get a problem resolved.

Ooma support may have issues but from the stand point of my experience Ooma customer support seems to care more in comparison to other competitors (i.e. Comcast could care less if there is a service interruption I dont even bother waste time calling to hear a meaningless prerecorded message).

Cheers to all in the New Year!
#39870 by MARIO
Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:03 pm
I have been having the same problem today. I can call out but when people try and call me it goes directly to my voicemail. Any suggestions? Does this happen often?
#39872 by southsound
Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:10 pm
MARIO wrote:I have been having the same problem today. I can call out but when people try and call me it goes directly to my voicemail. Any suggestions? Does this happen often?

I don't know if you have the Telo or the hub, but I have an idea that the little envelope button is lit if the hub or is red if the Telo. This means that the system is in do not disturb mode. Press and hold the button for 3 seconds and it will go out and you will once again be able to receive calls. Nice feature if you need some peace from phone calls during a family dinner or other intimate moments. If you have either system and there are no lights, it may be that the dimmer (right hand side of the hub) or the lights on the Telo are turn off (starburst). Let us know if this fixed things.
#39875 by MARIO
Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:33 pm
southsound wrote:
MARIO wrote:I have been having the same problem today. I can call out but when people try and call me it goes directly to my voicemail. Any suggestions? Does this happen often?

I don't know if you have the Telo or the hub, but I have an idea that the little envelope button is lit if the hub or is red if the Telo. This means that the system is in do not disturb mode. Press and hold the button for 3 seconds and it will go out and you will once again be able to receive calls. Nice feature if you need some peace from phone calls during a family dinner or other intimate moments. If you have either system and there are no lights, it may be that the dimmer (right hand side of the hub) or the lights on the Telo are turn off (starburst). Let us know if this fixed things.

:D

That worked. Thanks :D :D
#39884 by southsound
Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:25 pm
MARIO wrote: That worked. Thanks :D :D

I'm glad that it was that simple. Now what is really great is that next time someone has the same problem, you can give the answer and seem like an expert! If I had 5 cents for every time... wait - I think someone on the forum GETS 5 cents for every time they give this answer. Extra credit... find out who that individual is. If you are right, you get walnut brownies!

PS - that was a hint. :P