Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#38905 by BobB
Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:22 am
My Number was ported today. Yipee! How do I get rid of the Phone Number Ooma gave me? Then How do I change my logon info using my ported number? I'll be taking Time Warners VoIP box back today.
Also, how do I set up the Telo to pass the tones thru to my existing answering machine?
I am looking forward to using Ooma full time.
TIA,
Bob
#38973 by bw1
Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:19 pm
The log in number should change automatically when the port is complete. You should get an email that has the new account number which should be your ported phone number.

If you have Premier, your original temporary number that you got when you activated will become your 2nd number, otherwise, I think it should go away.

The Telo does not currently support incoming DTMF. See this post from Bobby B: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2642&p=22734&hilit=incoming+DTMF#p22734
#39481 by Samurai
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:41 am
After my number was ported, my temporary number was automatically deleted by Ooma. I liked the temporary number I picked because it was easily remembered, so I called Ooma Support and asked them to make it my second number, which they did.

Line bw1 said, your ported number will automatically become your log in number. Hopefully all this has already happened.

Samurai
#39534 by bw1
Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:12 pm
Samurai wrote:After my number was ported, my temporary number was automatically deleted by Ooma. I liked the temporary number I picked because it was easily remembered, so I called Ooma Support and asked them to make it my second number, which they did.

Line bw1 said, your ported number will automatically become your log in number. Hopefully all this has already happened.

Samurai

I specified in my port request but that was months ago. Since then others reported that it became their second number automatically. I did read that they keep temporary numbers in reserve for 60 days so you should be able to call and have it added if it's not.