Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#38751 by dwynne
Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:20 am
Last Wednesday I signed up to port my existing number to ooma, and chose a year of premier for $99.99 with "free" port rather than pay $39.99 to port my number. I got e-mails right away from the port department, but "my ooma" still shows "Your service level is: Core". My AMEX finally shows my ooma charges, $39.99 for the number port and not the $99.99 for premier with the "free" port. I know my order showed what I wanted before I submitted it, but I have nothing on my ooma or in an e-mail to confirm it.

Is this just standard operating procedure for ooma or have they hosed my account? I tried e-mailing billing but so far, no reply.

Thanks
Last edited by dwynne on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#38752 by Davesworld
Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:41 am
Are you currently in the free trial for premier? If so, you only get charged for the port until the trial is expired, then the remainder of the 99 is charged.

You also should have filled out an online port request with all the details of your current phone carrier and number etc, then you should have gotten a copy emailed to you.
#38754 by dwynne
Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:53 am
Nope, free premier trial is over. I DID get the port e-mails including a copy of the port request form I filled out online.

What is wrong is they charged me $39.99 rather than $99.99 and I do not have a premier account.

I guess this is not normal and something I will have to work to get fixed?

Thanks
#39360 by amoney
Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:06 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello dwynne,

Your account should be ok now.
Added $60 difference for annual premiere to bring you up to $99.99.

I was wondering if you can address a similar situation for myself.

I emailed customer support but....... perhaps you may be able to assist. Anyways new customer, I could not find the PORTING link in MYOOMA, customer service later acknowledge website difficulties and said try again, so back to the first time I tried the Premier link with free number PORT but nothing happened after adding to cart and accordingly charged. The second attempt a few days later a voila there the PORTING was now there and again added Premier with free number PORT, again charged. So I have duplicate charges. My account say subscription renewal (auto?) 2/20011 (note initial 3mo free included). Obviously I would rather my 100 buck be in my pocket, and decide to renew at that later date.

THANK YOU!
#40706 by amoney
Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:54 pm
No responce from email support, should be nick named the black hole.

But on my third attemp to call customer service (first 2 were excessesly long wait times), I recieved support in less than 5 minutes. A request was sent in for a refund. I noted the support ticket for reference. Now I just have to wait and see.