Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#38444 by dpierce
Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:51 pm
I've been waiting a week for someone to get back to me about my return (RMA) request for two of the three Telo handsets that are not working. I just received the same bounce back from the online email submission form. I'm a new Ooma customer and use to a more reliable and robust support system with my old landline. I'm trying to be understanding and allow this new way to communicate to grow on me, but I have to say this is just as bad as my Magic jack experience a year ago.

One of my Telo handsets is stuck at the update screen and its battery has a serious charging problem. The second Telo handsets number "9" key doesn’t work at all but seemed to work in every other respect. I've been able to get one of the three handsets to work and before you comment, yes I’m aware that currently only one handset is able to be used at a time till they update the firmware. I had set up each one of the handsets as handset 1 to the Telo base before finding one that worked. With that said, even the handset that worked has issues. A buzzing sound emanating from the earpiece and the range is very poor. I am hopeful that an update will fix those issues and will keep this handset.

My personal rant and biggest complaint with Ooma is that I just can't understand how any company can sell something they know doesn’t work? It's like buying a TV that only gets one channel and the manufacturer stating after you install it that they plan on offering the ability to watch more channels later! I purchased my Ooma system over the phone with a rep and at no time was I told that I'd just bought handsets that don't work yet and half the features they were boasting about that Ooma has are not even activated or that they have no firm timeframe.

What a mess this has turned out to be. If I hadn’t experienced all this for myself I wouldn't believe it. How can a company operate like this and keep its doors open. Seriously, ask yourself that. The prudent thing to do would have been to hold off on Telo’s release till all ducks were in a row. Ooma has lost credibility with many current users and the chance to sway those still on the fence with VoIP. As a new Ooma customer I can tell you now; I'm not comfortable making Ooma my exclusive phone company.
Last edited by dpierce on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#38560 by daet
Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:23 am
Davesworld wrote:A firmware update for the telo is being pushed right now. Mine just updated itself a half an hour ago.

What is the new firmware revision? And, does it support multiple handsets?
#38562 by dpierce
Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:07 am
daet wrote:What is the new firmware revision? And, does it support multiple handsets?

daet, I don't think so. I still have the message under MyOoma/System saying that only one handset is allowed and going directly to the Telo base in device it says Rev: 1.32342 so I don't think it did a thing or i never got it. I have no idea if that a different version number than it was a few days ago.
#38571 by Davesworld
Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:18 am
dpierce wrote:
daet wrote:What is the new firmware revision? And, does it support multiple handsets?

daet, I don't think so. I still have the message under MyOoma/System saying that only one handset is allowed and going directly to the Telo base in device it says Rev: 1.32342 so I don't think it did a thing or i never got it. I have no idea if that a different version number than it was a few days ago.

That is the new version. I just happened to see the Ooma logo blinking just as it was coming back up.
#38680 by 404-585-4961
Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 am
I just bought the Ooma telno base and 4 handsets about two weeks ago. The basic functioning works just fine...BUT.....

Last week, I had all 4 handsets working at the same time, but now I get a message on 3 of them saying I have exceeded the allowable number of handsets???

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems, and when a new firmware solution might fix things?
#38685 by southsound
Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:02 pm
404-585-4961 wrote:I just bought the Ooma telno base and 4 handsets about two weeks ago. The basic functioning works just fine...BUT.....

Last week, I had all 4 handsets working at the same time, but now I get a message on 3 of them saying I have exceeded the allowable number of handsets???

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems, and when a new firmware solution might fix things?

ooma has been doing a lot of updates to add functionality and clean up a couple of minor issues. I would expect that very shortly (guessing here because I don't work or speak for ooma, but maybe by New Years) things will be working great for all your handsets.

And while I'm at it, welcome to ooma and have a very Merry Christmas!
#38742 by bw1
Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:34 am
404-585-4961 wrote:I just bought the Ooma telno base and 4 handsets about two weeks ago. The basic functioning works just fine...BUT.....

From status update: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5476

We are making good progress on fixing the issues which prevent us from releasing multi-handset support. If things go well, we should be able to make that available to everyone at the end of the year.