Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#38438 by davery23
Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:11 am
I recently purchased and activated my Ooma Telo, and I'm trying to get the contacts setup but the handset doesn't get any of the contacts I enter. Is there some trick to making the handset download the contacts? I've reset the Ooma Telo and the handset several times.

Thanks.
#38637 by Davesworld
Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:20 pm
davery23 wrote:ah ok, I read some other forum threads where people were talking about their contacts showing up in other cases like on vtec handsets so I assumed it was already available.


In other cases is absolutely correct but not related at all to the Telo handset.

There are two DECT phone systems in the world that will do this, one by Vtech and the other by Panasonic but these communicate via bluetooth to the cellphone from their respective bases and have nothing whatsoever to do with Ooma. So we have uploaded cell phone contacts to our phone bases and can use them on our Vtech handsets. They will not be seen by the ooma system in any way shape or form.
#38669 by grascon7777
Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:03 am
Beta implies that the action item (in this case the contacts feature set) is working and the bugs are being worked out before the final published release. The contact feature is obviously not working. It should be tagged as "Alpha". Even so, the customer base should never be leveraged as the beta test center. The reason most of us purchased the Telo handset was the belief that this feature set was already available. The handset has many bugs which could also include hardware issues. Perhaps a recall might be in order. Peace
#38670 by Davesworld
Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:12 am
grascon7777 wrote:Beta implies that the action item (in this case the contacts feature set) is working and the bugs are being worked out before the final published release. The contact feature is obviously not working. It should be tagged as "Alpha". Even so, the customer base should never be leveraged as the beta test center. The reason most of us purchased the Telo handset was the belief that this feature set was already available. The handset has many bugs which could also include hardware issues. Perhaps a recall might be in order. Peace


The customer base does not have access to the beta firmware anyway. If you were part of a beta test group you would surely know it. You may be running firmware that is lacking features but it is not beta. If the features were actually present in your firmware as of now and they were broken, then the Alpha tag would fit, what isn't there can't be broken. The Auto Climate Control in my pickup is not broken because my pickup doesn't have Automatic Climate Control.
#38672 by grascon7777
Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:24 am
I am siting the OOMA "Quick Start Guide". The Contact Feature is sited as available. So many customers reading this publication considered their purchase based on this criteria. Fading the heat is not an adequate response. Peace.
#46851 by flyingeddies
Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:57 pm
Yeah, I'm one of those guys who bought this because I thought I'd be able to use my contacts on the handset. It's a shame I have to find out it doesn't work on a forum.
"Contact List
You can add phone numbers to the contact list on your Ooma Telo Handset by logging into my.ooma.com/contacts.
To place a call using your contact list, press (button icon) on the navigation pad to view a list of your contacts. Press (button icon) to select a contact and then press (button icon) to call."
As aforementioned, this is from the documentation that came with the product I purchased.
#46852 by Davesworld
Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:02 pm
flyingeddies wrote:Yeah, I'm one of those guys who bought this because I thought I'd be able to use my contacts on the handset. It's a shame I have to find out it doesn't work on a forum.
"Contact List
You can add phone numbers to the contact list on your Ooma Telo Handset by logging into my.ooma.com/contacts.
To place a call using your contact list, press (button icon) on the navigation pad to view a list of your contacts. Press (button icon) to select a contact and then press (button icon) to call."
As aforementioned, this is from the documentation that came with the product I purchased.


Once the Bluetooth dongle that plugs into the usb port of the telo comes out you'll be able to upload contacts. You're alsome supposed to be able to answer cell calls from anything connected to your telo, we'll see.
#46878 by amoney
Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:50 am
grascon7777 wrote:I am siting the OOMA "Quick Start Guide". The Contact Feature is sited as available. So many customers reading this publication considered their purchase based on this criteria. Fading the heat is not an adequate response. Peace.


I dont think even think the intercom feature is working yet at this time

Not to mention when the Telo first came out, the handsets did not even connect, then they got only one to connect, and later at the end of the year the mutihandset was finally supported.

It's not been pretty.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests