Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#38319 by UserBuzz
Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:11 pm
Hi, I have a Bang & Olufsen BeoCom 1 phone setup and when I plug the Telo in as my second line (the first line is my AT&T landline) I loose all incoming Caller ID's on both lines (unplugging the land line doesn't help either, the Telo line still doesn't show caller ID, it's just strange I loose the caller ID on BOTH lines when I plug in the Telo). Previously I had a second AT&T line and the Beocom worked fine. It wasn't until I dropped the second AT&T line and switched to the Telo.

HOWEVER when I'm using the Beocom line one (AT&T landline) and a call comes in on the Telo, all of a sudden it works and I see the caller ID coming in on the Telo on line 2. How can that be?

B&O says their phones support two caller ID standards: DMTF and FSK. Does anyone else have this problem and hopefully any solution? I called Ooma support line and just couldn't get past the language barrier and couldn't get the guy to understand what I was asking. He kept saying it took awhile from my caller ID to enter the system.

I have Beocom's all through the house and have invested a lot of money into it, plus they are fantastic phones. I really need it to work. I've tried routing the Telo line through a caller ID box and back to the Beocom (the caller ID shows up correctly on the caller ID box, but not the Beocom) and it still doesn't work.
#94955 by sjohnson717
Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:46 pm
Did you ever get a resolution?

I have 2 lines connected to a B&O beocom 1.
Line 1: Verizon
Line 2: Ooma

Caller id works fine when line 1 only is connected
Caller id works fine when line 2 only is connected
Caller id fails on line 1 when line 2 is connected.

Anyone have any ideas?
#94959 by UserBuzz
Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:42 pm
After months of inquiry I finally got an answer from a B&O engineer in the mother ship years ago. He said it should work, but it doesn't and they don't know why. He thinks it's hardware based and when they designed the new phone they would correct the problem. The way it was explained was that Ooma isn't using the exact standard it should and although the Beocom is a world phone the caller ID standard that Ooma is using is screwing up the base station's electronics.

I tried everything I could think of, putting a pass-through caller ID display, passing it through another phone (that shows the caller ID correctly), but nothing worked. I finally just bought another base station and split up my phones. I was using my Ooma for business calls only. I had so many problems with the Ooma, I finally gave up and went back to two land lines and the Ooma is in the drawer.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests