Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#38270 by oldanbo
Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:39 pm
I personally would hope that the moderators would not see any need to delete this post. Especially during this Holiday season.

Robin and his team are doing a lot of good works and suggesting that others of us may try to do something special during this time of year. His actions inspire others to do good deeds, and the world needs more Robins, especially now.

Cheers to all.
And thanks to you Southsound
#38288 by WayneDsr
Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:56 am
oldanbo wrote:I personally would hope that the moderators would not see any need to delete this post. Especially during this Holiday season.

Robin and his team are doing a lot of good works and suggesting that others of us may try to do something special during this time of year. His actions inspire others to do good deeds, and the world needs more Robins, especially now.

Cheers to all.
And thanks to you Southsound

Well said, oldanbo, I agree totally. Robin and his wife have truly been an inspiration to us.

Wayne
#38291 by MarkHofmann
Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:09 am
Thanks for the clarification. So it sounds like when using the Telo with regular cordless phones, you can only dial out on one line at a time where if you have the Hub/Scout combo, you can take a 2-line cordless base, and use both lines at the same time.

I hate to sound negative towards to the Telo - but I don't see what is better about the Telo. I would rather have the Hub/Scout. I hope with future Telo products they provide better functionality for us with Premier and 2-lines.

- Mark
#38376 by oldanbo
Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:55 pm
I may not understand your question fully. I can only tell you that my cordless setup is single line. Hope that helps.
#38379 by southsound
Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:11 pm
MarkHofmann wrote:Thanks for the clarification. So it sounds like when using the Telo with regular cordless phones, you can only dial out on one line at a time where if you have the Hub/Scout combo, you can take a 2-line cordless base, and use both lines at the same time.

I hate to sound negative towards to the Telo - but I don't see what is better about the Telo. I would rather have the Hub/Scout. I hope with future Telo products they provide better functionality for us with Premier and 2-lines.

- Mark

The hub/scout system and the Telo are really both very capable VoIP systems that offer great quality and with Premier, lots of features. But there are certain situations, like the one in your home, where the older system may actually be the better choice. Since you already are happy with your two-line cordless system and the hub/scout is working well for you, I see no reason to change.

If it were a little different situation, say a couple with modest handset needs, they might find the Telo more appealing. It is the ooma platform of the future which means that most new development will be around the Telo platform. But there is only one wired connection, so unless the proprietary Telo handsets are used, you will miss some of the features you now enjoy - line instant second line, the ability to have two simultaneous conversations, capability of extending both lines beyond the range of DECT 6.0 by using a wired connection to distant corded or cordless base stations. I have been using my hub/scout since February and my Telo since late August. I like them both but can see a day when I will move totally to the Telo. I have two of the Telo handsets and use a Uniden 1580-5 system on the wired Telo connection. I don't use the second line much but when I need to, the Telo handsets work well. But if I were in your situation with the multiple handset two-line system, I'd probably stay with the hub/scout.
#38410 by MarkHofmann
Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:22 am
Yes, I agree. I think the hub/scout is the best solution for me right now. I did read somewhere that there are plans for a "multi-line" Telo or "Business version" being developed. I would just be happy if they had a (2) line Telo base and that would suite all my needs. Has anyone else heard/read that?

I'm just looking into the future since even though I really like the hub/scout, I want to make sure I don't turn into a dinosaur and that Ooma has plans to provide hardware to continue to suite my needs.

Thanks.

- Mark