Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#38216 by MarkHofmann
Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:51 pm
I have been an Ooma customer since July 2009, and am very pleased with it! I own the hub/scout combo and subscribe to the premier. I plan on extending it before the end of the year also, to get the $99/year deal.

Anyway, I have my Ooma hub and Scout conected to a (2) line Uniden base - which has 8 phones connected to it wireless (2.4Ghz).

My question is, I saw the Telo only supports DECT and 4 handsets. Can you setup the Telo the same way as the original Ooma hub where you can use a different base (2.4Ghz Uniden base)? I have tons of phones (for all the kids) and don't wish to buy all new phones just to get a Telo.

Any ideas on that one?

Thanks!

- Mark
#38217 by murphy
Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:54 pm
The Telo can only feed one line to a cordless phone system.
The second line can only be accessed from a Telo handset.
#38218 by MarkHofmann
Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:16 pm
That certainly is a major negative. All (8) of my Uniden 2-line phones can pick which line they use when calling/answering using the hub/scout. I personally really like that setup, as I can use my existing phones/setup with the Ooma hardware for both lines.

I'll be sticking to my current setup.
#38230 by oldanbo
Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:45 pm
murphy wrote:The Telo can only feed one line to a cordless phone system.
The second line can only be accessed from a Telo handset.

Murphy, I have to disagree on this one. I am able to access either line from my cordless. :o

In fact I just did a quick test to verify. I press my talk button once for line1 and twice gives me line2. The Telo lights for the line numbers even indicate it. Even when line1 is not in use, two presses gives me line2.

I thought this was normal behavior, is it not?

Regards,
Dan
#38231 by murphy
Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:55 pm
Let me rephrase that. You can't access both lines simultaneously for two separate calls to two different phone numbers like you can with the hub / scout version unless you use a Telo handset.
#38237 by oldanbo
Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:14 pm
Good thought. I have to admit that I don't use conferencing much. Maybe once a year and I should probably test for that.

Now if I can just think of two people to call that would want to talk to me and each other at the same time. ;)
#38240 by southsound
Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:42 pm
oldanbo wrote:Good thought. I have to admit that I don't use conferencing much. Maybe once a year and I should probably test for that.

Now if I can just think of two people to call that would want to talk to me and each other at the same time. ;)

You could call Murphy and that lovable little raccoon guy. Both of us think you're pretty cool. But I'm beginning to think that a certain person who lives in the Olympic Rain Shadow may never take us up on that fresh baked sweet potato pie! Maybe the Christmas holiday is just a little too busy. Today we had the pleasure of giving out Christmas presents to 11 kids and gave Christmas feast baskets to 6 families. Tonight we packed our car with goodies for tomorrow. We get to deliver 2 t-shirts and 2 pair of socks to every inmate in the Mason County Jail (about 110 people in total). Give me the call after Christmas and I'll have my awesome bride bake up a storm. In fact, maybe we can use your conference call to invite Murphy to the party! :P
#38241 by WayneDsr
Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:53 pm
Murphy can pick me up on the way out.

Wayne
#38242 by southsound
Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:14 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Murphy can pick me up on the way out.

Wayne

Of course you have the standing offer of the guest bedroom for you and your bride as well. :P
#38250 by southsound
Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:59 pm
I just reread my post to Dan and wanted to do a little clarification. My bride of 26 years and I run a non-profit corporation called South Sound Recovery (hence the southsound username). We work with folks who have been struggling or affected by alcohol or drugs. The last 6 years we have been blessed to be a part of reaching out to families who would not have much of a Christmas. We don't have a lot of money to contribute to the organization, but we do have a love for the people we serve and have been able to gain "partners" who will make the dreams come true.

For the last 5 years the ILWU in Fife, Washington have made Christmas an awesome blessing for children who have little or nothing. They don't know these kids but have chosen to bless them. I applaud these wonderful members of the Longshoreman's Union. The t-shirts and socks are mostly purchased with grant money from the United Way - another great organization that loves to bless others. We have been able to partner with local organizations and businesses to provide Thanksgiving feasts, help pay child support to allow a person to continue in a 6 month discipleship program (He just gradulated and doing very well!), and provide funds to rebuild a home entry for a disabled person.

I would humbly recommend finding something that you can do to reach out to others this season and in 2010. There are so many who are hurting and would be so grateful at anything you could do. Maybe it is just putting a few dollars in a Salvation Army kettle. Maybe it is asking a local charity if you could sponsor a needy family for Christmas. Maybe it would be working with Big Brothers or Big Sisters to love and mentor a child. Whatever you can do to help someone in need will bring more blessings to you than to the child or parent you help. There is something inside of each of us that needs to reach out and give to others. And when we do, it will bless our socks off!

Please take the above in the humble spirit in which it was written. I know that the ooma forum is not really the proper place for a post like this - but then again, I have found the forum to be heavily populated with wonderful folks who just might appreciate and be moved by a post like this.

Moderators - please feel free to delete this if inappropriate.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to you all.