Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#38122 by raxxal
Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:30 pm
Here are some pictures of the OOMA Telo.
telo_vtech.jpg
My OOMA next to the VTECH DS6322-4.
telo_vtech.jpg (161.01 KiB) Viewed 4880 times

how_to_open_ooma_telo.jpg
A couple credit cards did the trick.
how_to_open_ooma_telo.jpg (169.25 KiB) Viewed 4880 times

ooma_main_board.jpg
This is the main board of the TELO.
ooma_main_board.jpg (250.19 KiB) Viewed 4880 times
#38125 by oldanbo
Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:55 pm
okay I'll bite. can't see your jpg's. And, what is the purpose of your posts?
#38129 by raxxal
Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:11 pm
oldanbo wrote:okay I'll bite. can't see your jpg's. And, what is the purpose of your posts?

I am bored, I guess I don't have anything better to do.
#38134 by oldanbo
Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:30 pm
raxxal wrote:
oldanbo wrote:okay I'll bite. can't see your jpg's. And, what is the purpose of your posts?

I am bored, I guess I don't have anything better to do.

We all get that way at times. ;)

So how come I, maybe we, can't see your pics?
#38136 by Mike-o-Matic
Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:35 pm
Yep, that's lookin' like a fine job of voiding a warranty, right there :D
#38164 by southsound
Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:54 pm
These (or similar) pics have been available on the FCC's website for quite a while as they are part of ooma's filing. However, I can attest to the fact that my local Radio Shack does not have the required components on their shelves and since it has been a long time since I've done any prototyping, I chose to get my Telo through normal channels.

But, given the beauty of the board I might just try to get one to mount in a frame next to my prototype board of the NeXT computer that I have in a special place in my garage. I used to spend at least one lunch hour a week watching the automated manufacturing process and the cool robots that did the work when I worked for NeXT in Fremont. Ahh... The precision of the robot that read the exact height of solder paste silk screened onto the boards; the beautiful and almost ballet type movements of sophisticated pick and place robots as they distributed the various components; the liquid movement of the wave soldering station. The fake burst of laser light that was added in post production to enhance the video we distributed of the whole process.

Ok, back to reality. I guess I'll just rely on ooma to make the silly things and I'll be happy just making free phone calls for life! :P
#38181 by Davesworld
Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:17 am
OT: I see you got the same Vtech as I did. It's nice to have my contacts uploaded to the Vtech base via Bluetooth and being able to answer my cell phone calls from any of the four Vtech handsets I have. What's really cool is that when you receive a cell phone call while at home or miss one, it shows up in your calls list so you can simply hit the home button and return via voip or whatever you have for phone service.
#38186 by raxxal
Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:19 am
Davesworld wrote:OT: I see you got the same Vtech as I did. It's nice to have my contacts uploaded to the Vtech base via Bluetooth and being able to answer my cell phone calls from any of the four Vtech handsets I have. What's really cool is that when you receive a cell phone call while at home or miss one, it shows up in your calls list so you can simply hit the home button and return via voip or whatever you have for phone service.

Yeap, it's really nice to have the capability to make phone calls eirther using your cell or the VOIP, a feature of the Vtech DS6322! My Vtech pairs really nice with my Iphone. The owner's manual of the Vtech says you can download via bluetooth up to 6000 phone numbers. Holy Macro! I have about 200, and I use probably 50 of those.
#38188 by skellener
Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:51 am
southsound wrote:But, given the beauty of the board I might just try to get one to mount in a frame next to my prototype board of the NeXT computer that I have in a special place in my garage. I used to spend at least one lunch hour a week watching the automated manufacturing process and the cool robots that did the work when I worked for NeXT in Fremont.
NeXT....cool!